1) The drawings are clear and not too overstuffed or hectic (this is a plus!)
2) Our hero is sorta likeable but also sometimes a jerk (nothing I can relate to but fascinating – just kidding)
3) The dialogue is familiar yet fresh and rarely false
4) Romantic intrigue and disappointments are played out pretty convincingly and often with painful honesty
5) The clothing and hairstyles are right on – satisfying!
Vroman's & Esotouric present
The Blood & Dumplings Bus Tour
Saturday, June 13, noon
$70.00 per person (plus tax) Blood and DumplingsA criminal and gastronomical excursion into the San Gabriel Valley, Blood & Dumplings rolls through Alhambra, Temple City, Monterey Park, Rosemead and El Monte, revealing dozens of weird, forgotten crimes and oddities from the valley's past. Highlights include the mysterious Man from Mars Bandit, the lesbian couple whose bickering over spending cash resulted in one pumping the other full of downers until she died, the young bride who spent her wedding day buried under her parents' house, the battling neo-Nazis of El Monte, Phil Spector's spooky castle, and the little bar where James Ellroy's murdered mother Jean had her last drink. The tour includes a selection of dumplings from one of the San Gabriel Valley's best Chinese restaurants. (Vegetarian passengers, please let us know your food preference several days before we depart.)
Seating is limited so call us today to sign up! (626) 449-5320. Bus departs from Vroman’s Bookstore parking lot at noon (sharp) and returns at 4pm. Check-in is at 11am.