At Dodger Stadium it is Japan vs. Korea in the World Baseball Classic, but before the first pitch is thrown, Mas Arai finds himself in the middle of a murder. Mysteries layer atop mysteries in this sixth in the award-winning series featuring the most unlikely of sleuths, an aging, widowed, not-exactly-communicative gardener from Altadena, California. Who is that unusual woman throwing knuckleball pitches to warm up the Japanese team? Who sent thugs to threaten Mas and accuse him of treason? And what were in the deleted files on the murdered sportswriter s computer and did they hold secrets that led to his death? The more mysteries Mas uncovers, the deeper he gets drawn into a situation that soon grows dangerous - including the danger of losing the affection of the woman he might someday admit he loves. (Prospect Park Books)
There will be a Dodgers ticket giveaway at this event!!
The details for this giveaway:
- Vromans will have two tickets to be given way together at the end of the event
- Must be present to win
- July 7th home game at 7:10 pm.
- Dodgers versus the Padres
- Seats are in section 125 LG.
- Each ticket also comes with a stadium club pass (Stadium Club is an exclusive restaurant and bar with full service wait staff, more info (http://losangeles.dodgers.mlb.com/la/ballpark/information/index.jsp?content=stadiumclub)
- Prospect Park Books and Vroman's will not cover parking, food or lodging for the winners.
Those wishing to get books signed will be asked to purchase at least one copy of the author's most recent title from Vroman's. For each purchased copy of the newest title, customers may bring up to three copies from home to be signed. This policy applies to all Vroman's Bookstore events unless otherwise noted. Save your Vroman's receipt; it will be checked when you enter the signing line.