Starting with her childhood in West Texas, Laura Bush tracks the roundabout journey that led her to the White House. She writes with honesty and eloquence about her family, her public triumphs, and her personal tribulations, including intimate and tragic details of her life which she has never shared before. Her compassion, sense of humor, grace, and uncommon willingness to bare her heart make this story revelatory, beautifully rendered, and unlike any other first lady's memoir ever written.
Laura Bush: Day-Of Event Guidelines to Know!
- All books must be picked up by the close of business on Monday, May 10
- Arrive at Vroman's no later than 11:30 am to ensure that you have a spot in line
- Only books with validated line tickets will be signed, so make sure you bring your tickets with you!
- Please leave large bags, cameras and/or memorabilia in the car.
- You may bring two (2) people to stand with you in line, but you may still only get two (2) books per person signed with validated line tickets.
- Customers with canes, walkers or wheelchairs should arrive by 12:30pm, to be escorted to an alternative seating location.
- And remember: Customers who have a book but no line ticket will not be allowed into the line or the book signing.
We look forward to seeing you there! Please read below for more specific information, and call us at (626) 449-5320 if you have any questions:
This event is a book signing only. Pre-orders for books and tickets are now being accepted through the Will Call department at the Vroman's main store. Tickets and books will be available for pick-up starting the day of the book's release, Tuesday, May 4, 2010 and all books MUST BE picked up at Vroman's by the close of business on Monday, May 10. Tickets and books will also be available at Vroman's Hastings Ranch as of Tuesday, May 4, 2010. Each customer may only get up to two (2) books by Laura Bush signed, one of which MUST be Spoken from the Heart. Copies of her children's book, Read All About It, will also be available. Tickets will be issued with each book purchased: one ticket per book, to a customer.
Customers with a book but without a validated ticked will not be allowed into the line or the book signing.
More Guidelines for the Day of the Event:
- Customers MUST be at Vroman's and in line no later than an hour and a half (11:30 am) before the start of the event or they forfeit their place in line
- Each customer may only get up to two (2) books by Laura Bush signed (one of which MUST be Spoken from the Heart). Customers must show a validated line ticket for each book they want signed on the day of the event. Only books with validated line tickets will be signed.
- Customer will be allowed to bring two (2) people with them to stand in line, but still only books with validated tickets will be signed.
- We anticipate that Laura Bush will be able to sign 1000 copies. Circumstances beyond her or our control may arise and cause her not to sign as many as expected.
- Laura Bush will not be able to personalize books or sign any memorabilia.
- Customers with canes, walkers or wheelchairs should arrive by 12:30pm. We will have seating availible in an alternate location.
- Posed photos and/or photos from the line will not be allowed.
- This event will be attended by Secret Service, so customers may be screened upon entry. No backpacks or large bags will be allowed inside the store during this event so please leave them at home or in your car.