Tickets for the Rachel Maddow event are now SOLD OUT
at both the Vroman's main store
and Hastings Ranch locations.
The #1 New York Times bestseller that charts America's dangerous drift into a state of perpetual war. "One of my favorite ideas is, never to keep an unnecessary soldier," Thomas Jefferson wrote in 1792. Neither Jefferson nor the other Founders could ever have envisioned the modern national security state, with its tens of thousands of "privateers"; its bloated Department of Homeland Security; its rusting nuclear weapons, ill-maintained and difficult to dismantle; and its strange fascination with an unproven counterinsurgency doctrine. Written with bracing wit and intelligence, Rachel Maddow's Drift argues that we've drifted away from America's original ideals and become a nation weirdly at peace with perpetual war, with all the financial and human costs that entails. Sensible yet provocative, dead serious yet seriously funny, Drift will reinvigorate a "loud and jangly" political debate about how, when, and where to apply America's strength and power - and who gets to make those decisions.
This event will be held at the
Wilshire Ebell Theatre
4401 W 8th St
Los Angeles,CA 90005
Wilshire Ebell Theatre Map & Directions
- Tickets can be picked-up at the Vroman's main store (695 E Colorado Blvd., Pasadena, CA 91101) Will Call Department through the end of the day (9pm) on 3/13. (This includes tickets purchased at the Vroman's Hastings Ranch location.) After this, tickets must be picked up at the Will Call line at the theatre the evening of the event (tickets will not be available to pick up from the store the day of the event).
- Doors open at 7pm. Will Call tickets will be available at this time.
- This event is general admission.
- Books will be handed out the night of the event upon receipt of the book ticket.
- As a reminder, since this is a Vroman's sponsored event, the Ebell Theatre is not involved with ticketing for the event in any way. Please call 626-449-5320 with any questions. Tickets will not be available for pick up at the theatre prior to 7pm the evening of the event 3/14.