The first Hispanic and third woman appointed to the United States Supreme Court, Sonia Sotomayor has become an instant American icon. Now, with a candor and intimacy never undertaken by a sitting Justice, she recounts her life from a Bronx housing project to the federal bench, a journey that offers an inspiring testament to her own extraordinary determination and the power of believing in oneself.
Sonia Sotomayor graduated summa cum laude from Princeton in 1976 and from Yale Law School in 1979. She worked as an assistant district attorney in New York and then at the law firm of Pavia & Harcourt. From 1992 to 1998, she served as a judge of the U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, and from 1998 to 2009 on the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. In May 2009, President Barack Obama nominated her as an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court; she assumed this role on August 8, 2009.
We will stop taking phone and online orders
for the event ticket/ book on
Thursday, January 24, at 9pm.
Tickets and books will be available for purchase at the main registers at the parking lot entrance the day of the event, while supplies last.
- This is a signing ONLY. Justice Sotomayor will only be signing My Beloved World. No personalizations.
- Lettered signing line tickets will be given with the Vroman's purchase of My Beloved World ($27.95 + tax) starting on its release date of Tuesday, 1/15/13 at Vroman's main store and Vroman's Hastings Ranch.
- The event line will form according to the group letter on each ticket. The line begins outside the back entrance of the main store (parking lot entrance).
- The event begins at 5pm. Ticket holders should be in line no later than 4:30pm.
- Photos and video are not permitted.
- This is a high security event- all bags are subject to search. Please leave large bags in your car.
- Tickets and books will be available the day of the event, while supplies last.
Event Parking Information
Due to the number of people expected to attend this event, parking in the Vroman's lot may be a bit tricky. Below is a list of alternative parking that may be used for the event.
*City lot on Union & El Molino (north of the Vroman’s parking lot) $5 max
*Underground Trio Apartment lot on Madison (one block west of Vroman’s) $9 max
*The Playhouse parking lot on Madison (between Green & Colorado) $5 max
*473 E. Union (at Madison) $6 max
*East West Bank/ Plaza Las Fuentes (northwest corner Union & Los Robles) $11 max
*Paseo Colorado Parking Structures-155 & 400 E. Green and 300 E. Colorado
(between Los Robles & Marengo) $6 max
*Pasadena Towers (enter off Hudson, north of Green) $13.75 max
*Community Bank 790 (enter off Hudson, north of Green) $12.65 max
*Pasadena Financial Center (enter off Hudson, north of Colorado) $12.65 max
If you have any questions, please call (626)449-5320.