There are no products in your shopping cart.
What Would Maisie Do?: Inspiration from the Pages of Maisie Dobbs (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
- #1: Maisie Dobbs (Paperback): $16.95
- #2: Birds of a Feather (Compact Disc): $49.95
- #3: Pardonable Lies: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (Maisie Dobbs Novels #3) (Paperback): $17.00
- #4: Messenger of Truth: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (Maisie Dobbs Novels #4) (Paperback): $17.00
- #5: An Incomplete Revenge: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (Maisie Dobbs Novels #5) (Paperback): $17.00
- #6: Among the Mad: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (Maisie Dobbs Novels #6) (Paperback): $17.00
- #7: The Mapping of Love and Death: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (Large Print / Paperback): $25.99
- #8: A Lesson in Secrets: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (Paperback): $15.99
- #9: Elegy for Eddie: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (Paperback): $15.99
- #10: Leaving Everything Most Loved: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (Hardcover): Please call for price (626)449-5320.
- #11: A Dangerous Place: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (Large Print / Paperback): $27.99
- #12: Journey to Munich: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (Hardcover): Please call for price (626)449-5320.
- #14: To Die But Once: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (Maisie Dobbs Novels #14) (Compact Disc): $39.99
- #15: The American Agent: A Maisie Dobbs Novel (Paperback): $16.99
- #16: The Consequences of Fear: A Novel (Maisie Dobbs #16) (Hardcover): $27.99
A one-of-a-kind illustrated companion to the best-selling Maisie Dobbs series, which invites readers into the beloved heroine’s world—and shares her wisdom and inspiration.
Through fourteen books, the Maisie Dobbs series has had a resounding impact on fans. Readers have shared with author Jacqueline Winspear how Maisie’s stories have resonated with them or helped them through difficult times. Fans have been inspired by the heroine’s resilience and endurance, repurposing her strength in their own lives in a way perhaps best embodied by the phrase “What Would Maisie Do?”
Anchored by thirty of Maisie's most timeless quotes, coupled with Jacqueline Winspear’s inspiration for each nugget of wisdom, these reflections offer readers additional insight into the world of Maisie Dobbs and invite them to reflect on favorite moments and memories. Here are just a few:
On the value of respect: “Liking a person we are required to have dealings with is not of paramount importance. But respect is crucial, on both sides, as is tolerance and a depth of understanding of those influences that sculpt a character.”
On grieving: “Grief is a pilgrimage along a path that allows us to reflect upon the past from points of remembrance held in the soul. At times the way is filled with stones underfoot and we feel pained by our memories, yet on other days the shadows reflect our longing and those happinesses shared.”
On the importance of departure: “Leaving that which you love breaks your heart open. But you will find a jewel inside, and this precious jewel is the opening of your heart to all that is new and all that is different, and it will be the making of you—if you allow it to be.”
The perfect supplement to the Maisie Dobbs series, What Would Maisie Do? also features the iconic jacket art that has graced the series, as well as period photographs and prompts for readers' own observations and inspiration—making this a unique journal that fans will turn to and treasure for years to come.
About the Author
Jacqueline Winspear is the author of the New York Times bestselling Maisie Dobbs series, which includes In This Grave Hour, Journey to Munich, A Dangerous Place, Leaving Everything Most Loved, Elegy for Eddie, and eight other novels. Her standalone novel, The Care and Management of Lies, was also a New York Times bestseller and a Dayton Literary Peace Prize finalist. Originally from the United Kingdom, she now lives in California.
“Much of the period charm of the Christie era of the 1920s through the ’40s is present in Jacqueline Winspear’s novels featuring English detective Maisie Dobbs.”
— Wall Street Journal