Aviation Maintenance Management (Paperback)
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
THE COMPLETE, UP-TO-DATE GUIDE TO MANAGING AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE PROGRAMS
Thoroughly revised for the latest aviation industry changes and FAA regulations, this comprehensive reference explains how to establish and run an effi cient, reliable, and cost-effective aircraft maintenance program. Co-written by Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University instructors, Aviation Maintenance Management, Second Edition offers broad, integrated coverage of airline management, aircraft maintenance fundamentals, aviation safety, and the systematic planning and development of successful maintenance programs.
LEARN HOW TO:
- Minimize service interruptions while lowering maintenance and repair costs
- Adhere to aviation industry certification requirements and FAA regulations
- Define and document maintenance activities
- Work with engineering and production, planning, and control departments
- Understand the training requirements for mechanics, technicians, quality control inspectors, and quality assurance auditors
- Identify and monitor maintenance program problems and trends
- Manage line and hangar maintenance
- Provide materiel support for maintenance and engineering
- Stay on top of quality assurance, quality control, reliability standards, and safety issues
About the Author
Harry A. Kinnison, Ph.D., worked for the Boeing Company for 20 years, 10 as a specialist in the Maintenance and Ground Operations Systems Group of the Customer Services Organization. Specifically, he represented Boeing to airlines on the ETOPS (extended-range twin-engine operations) program, participated in airline maintenance evaluations, and helped airlines develop reliability programs. Since his retirement from Boeing in 2000, Dr. Kinnison has taught aviation maintenance management courses at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Beach, Florida. Tariq Siddiqui received his degree, Master of Aeronautical Science with specialization in Aviation/Aerospace Safety Systems and Management Specialization from Embry Riddle Aeronautical University (ERAU). Currently he is employed as manager of aircraft maintenance at a commercial airline. Terry is currently teaching on an adjunct basis at ERAU. Mr. Siddiqui started his aviation career with Pan-Am Airlines. He has over 20 years of experience in aviation maintenance, management, aviation project management, environmental regulations, and investigation incidents and accidents.