Digital Communications: Fundamentals and Applications (Hardcover)
Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
- The clear, easy-to-understand introduction to digital communications
- Completely updated coverage of today's most critical technologies
- Step-by-step implementation coverage
- Trellis-coded modulation, fading channels, Reed-Solomon codes, encryption, and more
- Exclusive coverage of maximizing performance with advanced "turbo codes"
- Signals and processing steps: from information source through transmitter, channel, receiver, and information sink
- Key tradeoffs: signal-to-noise ratios, probability of error, and bandwidth expenditure
- Trellis-coded modulation and Reed-Solomon codes: what's behind the math
- Synchronization and spread spectrum solutions
- Fading channels: causes, effects, and techniques for withstanding fading
- The first complete how-to guide to turbo codes: squeezing maximum performance out of digital connections
- Implementing encryption with PGP, the de facto industry standard
About the Author
DR. BERNARD SKLAR has over 40 years of experience in technical design and management positions at Republic Aviation, Hughes Aircraft, Litton Industries, and at The Aerospace Corporation, where he helped develop the MILSTAR satellite system. He is now head of advanced systems at Communications Engineering Services, a consulting company he founded in 1984. He has taught engineering courses at several universities, including UCLA and USC, and has trained professional engineers worldwide.