Signal and Power Integrity - Simplified (Hardcover)
Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
Email or call for price.
Email or call for price.
The #1 Practical Guide to Signal Integrity Design--with Revised Content and New Questions and Problems This book brings together up-to-the-minute techniques for finding, fixing, and avoiding signal integrity problems in your design. Drawing on his work teaching several thousand engineers and graduate students, world-renowned expert Eric Bogatin systematically presents the root causes of all six families of signal integrity, power integrity, and electromagnetic compatibility problems. Bogatin reviews essential principles needed to understand these problems, and shows how to use best design practices and techniques to prevent or address them early in the design cycle. To help test and reinforce your understanding, this new edition adds questions and problems throughout. Bogatin also presents more examples using free tools, plus new content on high-speed serial links, reflecting input from 130+ of his graduate students. - A fully up-to-date introduction to signal integrity and physical design
- New questions and problems designed for both students and professional engineers
- How design and technology selection can make or break power distribution network performance
- Exploration of key concepts, such as plane impedance, spreading inductance, decoupling capacitors, and capacitor loop inductance
- Practical techniques for analyzing resistance, capacitance, inductance, and impedance
- Using QUCS to predict waveforms as voltage sources are affected by interconnect impedances
- Identifying reflections and crosstalk with free animation tools
- Solving signal integrity problems via rules of thumb, analytic approximation, numerical simulation, and measurement
- Understanding how interconnect physical design impacts signal integrity
- Managing differential pairs and losses
- Harnessing the full power of S-parameters in high-speed serial link applications
- Designing high-speed serial links associated with differential pairs and lossy lines--including new coverage of eye diagrams
- Ensuring power integrity throughout the entire power distribution path
- Realistic design guidelines for improving signal integrity, and much more For professionals and students at all levels of experience, this book emphasizes intuitive understanding, practical tools, and engineering discipline, rather than theoretical derivation or mathematical rigor. It has earned a well-deserved reputation as the #1 resource for getting signal integrity designs right--first time, every time.
About the Author
Eric Bogatin received his B.S. in Physics from MIT in 1976 and his M.S. and Ph.D. in Physics from the University of Arizona in Tucson in 1980. For more than 30 years he has been active in the fields of signal integrity and interconnect design. He worked in senior engineering and management roles at AT&T Bell Labs, Raychem Corp, Sun Microsystems, Interconnect Devices Inc., and Teledyne LeCroy. In 2011, his company, Bogatin Enterprises, was acquired by Teledyne LeCroy. Eric currently is a Signal Integrity Evangelist with Teledyne LeCroy, where he creates and presents educational materials related to new applications for high-performance scopes. Eric turns complexity into practical design and measurement principles, leveraging analysis techniques and measurement tools. Since 2012, he has been an adjunct professor at the University of Colorado in Boulder, teaching graduate courses in signal integrity, interconnect design, and PCB design. He has written regular monthly columns for PCD&F Magazine, Semiconductor International, Electronic Packaging and Production, Altera Corporation, Mentor Graphics Corporation, EDN, and EE Times. He is currently the editor of the Signal Integrity Journal (www.SignalIntegrityJournal.com ) Eric is a prolific author with more than 300 publications, many posted on his website, www.beTheSignal.com, for download. He regularly presents at DesignCon, the IEEE EMC Symposium, EDI con, and at IPC's Designer Council events. He is the coauthor of the popular Prentice Hall book, Principles of Power Integrity for PDN Design - Simplified, along with Larry Smith. He was the recipient of the 2016 Engineer of the Year Award from DesignCon. He can be reached at eric@beTheSignal.com.