Dog Diaries #1: Ginger (Paperback)
Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
Usually arrives at our store within 4-7 days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Dog Diaries series.
- #2: Dog Diaries #2: Buddy (Paperback): $7.99
- #3: Dog Diaries #3: Barry (Paperback): $7.99
- #4: Dog Diaries #4: Togo (Paperback): $7.99
- #5: Dog Diaries #5: Dash (Paperback): $7.99
- #6: Dog Diaries #6: Sweetie (Paperback): $7.99
- #7: Dog Diaries #7: Stubby (Paperback): $7.99
- #8: Dog Diaries #8: Fala (Paperback): $7.99
- #9: Dog Diaries #9: Sparky (Dog Diaries Special Edition) (Paperback): $7.99
- #10: Dog Diaries #10: Rolf (Paperback): $7.99
- #11: Dog Diaries #11: Tiny Tim (Dog Diaries Special Edition) (Paperback): $7.99
- #12: Susan (Dog Diaries #12) (Prebound): $18.80
- #13: Dog Diaries #13: Fido (Paperback): $7.99
- #14: Dog Diaries #14: Sunny (Paperback): $7.99
For anyone who has ever wanted a puppy, the DOG DIARIES series tells a dog's story in a new way--from a dog's point of view! Focusing on a different breed for each book, these stories are based on true dog stories or on true-to-life situations. With realistic black-and-white illustrations by renowned illustrator Tim Jessel and a factual appendix, dog-loving early chapter book readers will beg for more!
Born in a puppy mill, Ginger the golden retriever looks back on her life and the various people who have "owned" her. Abruptly separated from her mother, littermates, and the wire cage that was her whole world, Ginger is shuttled from one harrowing situation to another until she finally escapes, living as an outlaw with a pack of wild dogs. But freedom doesn't feel so good once she becomes hungry and cold and sick. Will Ginger ever find a furever family to call her own?
Appendix features information about puppy mills, breed rescue groups, animal shelters, choosing a pet, and the history of golden retrievers.
About the Author
KATE KLIMO is the author of many books for young readers, including The Dragon Keepers and all the books in the Dog Dairies series. She lives in New Paltz with her husband and two horses, Harry and Fancy. Over the years, she has served as companion to eight dogs: Pal, Beauregard, Fred, Kelly, Bear, Rascal, Dobey, and George W. Currently, she is searching for a furever friend who gets along well with horses. To learn more about her and her work, visit www.kateklimoauthor.com.
TIM JESSELL is an award-winning illustrator whose work has appeared in numerous children's books. He is the illustrator of all the books in the Dog Diaries series. Check out his work at timjessell.com.