The NIV Application Commentary, New Testament Set: Matthew - Revelation, 20-Volume Collection (Hardcover)
Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
The NIV Application Commentary helps you communicate and apply biblical text effectively in today's context.
To bring the ancient messages of the Bible into today's world, each passage is treated in three sections:
- Original Meaning. Concise exegesis to help readers understand the original meaning of the biblical text in its historical, literary, and cultural context.
- Bridging Contexts. A bridge between the world of the Bible and the world of today, built by discerning what is timeless in the timely pages of the Bible.
- Contemporary Significance. This section identifies comparable situations to those faced in the Bible and explores relevant application of the biblical messages. The author alerts the readers of problems they may encounter when seeking to apply the passage and helps them think through the issues involved.
This unique, award-winning commentary is the ideal resource for today's preachers, teachers, and serious students of the Bible, giving them the tools, ideas, and insights they need to communicate God's Word with the same powerful impact it had when it was first written.
Volumes and authors in The NIV Application Commentary, New Testament Set: Matthew - Revelation, 20-Volume Collection include:
- Matthew by Michael J. Wilkins
- Mark by David E. Garland
- Luke by Darrell L. Bock
- John by Gary M. Burge
- Acts by Ajith Fernando
- Romans by Douglas J. Moo
- 1 Corinthians by Craig L. Blomberg
- 2 Corinthians by Scott J. Hafemann
- Galatians by Scot McKnight
- Ephesians by Klyne Snodgrass
- Philippians by Frank Thielman
- Colossians, Philemon by David E. Garland
- 1 and 2 Thessalonians by Michael W. Holmes
- 1 and 2 Timothy, Titus by Walter L. Liefeld
- Hebrews by George H. Guthrie
- James by David P. Nystrom
- 1 Peter by Scot McKnight
- 2 Peter, Jude by Douglas J. Moo
- Letters of John by Gary M. Burge
- Revelation by Craig S. Keener