The Book of Common Courage: Prayers and Poems to Find Strength in Small Moments (Hardcover)
The Book of Common Courage is a collection of prayers, poems, and blessings to help you find a flicker of strength in the small and hard moments of life. Beloved author and therapist K. J. Ramsey invites you to journey word-by-word through Psalm 23 to experience how the Good Shepherd is with you and for you, especially in the valleys of life. When you struggle to find the words to hold your pain or trauma, be encouraged to cultivate the compassion and courage to believe that your story will, in fact, end in joy.
Through K. J.'s lyrical and emotive writing, you are invited to:
- Surrender your anxiety and your tears to a faithful God
- Validate your emotions and embrace them as the gift they are
- Slow down and remember that good will come again
- Replenish your soul with the life of Christ and the promises of God
- Refresh your faith with a peace that lasts
- Experience newfound confidence in prayer
- Remember that even when pain is not past-tense, God is still present
Courage is a common hope that we can cultivate together. These prayers and poems can be read in group settings--among friends, families, and worshipping communities--and are also ideal for personal reflection.
Inside, you will find:
- Colorful still life and nature photography
- Prayers, poems, and blessings
- A ribbon marker
This is a gorgeous gift to give for Easter, Christmas, birthdays, during a time of loss, during a life transition, or when looking for a new church community.