Tom Brown's Field Guide to Wild Edible and Medicinal Plants (Paperback)
Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
Usually arrives at our store within 4-7 days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 5 in the Field Guide series.
- #1: Tom Brown's Field Guide to Wilderness Survival (Paperback): $17.00
- #2: Tom Brown's Field Guide to Nature Observation and Tracking (Paperback): $17.00
- #3: Tom Brown's Field Guide to City and Suburban Survival (Paperback): $16.00
- #4: Tom Brown's Field Guide to Living with the Earth (Paperback): $16.00
- #6: Tom Brown's Field Guide to the Forgotten Wilderness: Discover the Wonders of Nature in Your Own Backyard (Paperback): $15.00
- #7: Tom Brown's Field Guide to Nature and Survival for Children (Paperback): $15.00
For untold thousands of years, human beings have thrived on the nutritional and medicinal wealth of the plant life in the natural world. In these fascinating, wide-ranging, wonderfully informative stories, Tom Brown—director of the world-famous Tracking, Nature, and Wilderness Survival School—tells all about the uncommon benefits of the common trees, shrubs, flowers, and other plants we find all around us. This indispensible guide includes information on:
• How to use every part of the plant—leaves, flowers, bark, bulbs, and roots
• Where to find useful plants, and the best time of the year and stages of growth to harvest them
• How to prepare delicious food dishes, soups, breads and teas from the riches of the great outdoors
• An incredible range of experience-proven medicinal uses to treat headaches, burns, digestive disorders, skin problems, and a host of other maladies
TOM BROWN'S FIELD GUIDES: America's most popular nature reference books, Tom Brown's bestselling field guides are specially designed for both beginners and experienced explorers. Fully illustrated and comprehensive, each volume includes practical information, time-tested nature skills, and exciting new ways to rediscover the earth around us.
About the Author
Tom Brown, Jr. began to learn hunting and tracking at the age of eight under the tutelage of an Apache elder, medicine man, and scout in Toms River, New Jersey, and is the author of 16 books on nature. He was the technical advisor on The Hunted, a major motion picture starring Tommy Lee Jones and Benecio Del Toro. In 1978, Tom founded the Tracker School in the New Jersey Pine Barrens where he offers more than 25 classes about wilderness survival and environmental protection.