There are no products in your shopping cart.
Captain Underpants and the Terrifying Return of Tippy Tinkletrousers (Captain Underpants #9) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 9 in the Captain Underpants series.
- #1: The Adventures of Captain Underpants: Color Edition (Captain Underpants #1) (Hardcover): $9.99
- #2: The Super Diaper Baby #2: The Invasion of the Potty Snatchers (Captain Underpants) (Hardcover): $9.99
- #3: Captain Underpants and the Invasion of the Incredibly Naughty Cafeteria Ladies From Outer Space: Color Edition (Captain Underpants #3): (And the Subsequent Assault of the Equally Evil Lunchroom Zombie Nerds) (Hardcover): $9.99
- #4: Captain Underpants and the Perilous Plot of Professor Poopypants: Color Edition (Captain Underpants #4) (Hardcover): $9.99
- #5: Captain Underpants and the Wrath of the Wicked Wedgie Woman: Color Edition (Captain Underpants #5): Color Edition (Hardcover): $9.99
- #6: Captain Underpants and the Big, Bad Battle of the Bionic Booger Boy, Part 1: The Night of the Nasty Nostril Nuggets: Color Edition (Captain Underpants #6) (Hardcover): $9.99
- #7: Captain Underpants and the Big, Bad Battle of the Bionic Booger Boy, Part 2: The Revenge of the Ridiculous Robo-Boogers: Color Edition (Captain Underpants #7): Color Edition (Hardcover): $9.99
- #8: Captain Underpants and the Preposterous Plight of the Purple Potty People: Color Edition (Captain Underpants #8): Color Edition (Hardcover): $9.99
- #10: Captain Underpants and the Revolting Revenge of the Radioactive Robo-Boxers (Captain Underpants #10) (Hardcover): $9.99
- #11: Captain Underpants and the Tyrannical Retaliation of the Turbo Toilet 2000 (Captain Underpants #11) (Hardcover): $9.99
- #12: Captain Underpants and the Sensational Saga of Sir Stinks-A-Lot (Captain Underpants #12) (Hardcover): $9.99
About the Author
"Irresistible." -- Entertainment Weekly
"Call Pilkey... the savior of the 'reluctant reader.'" -- USA Today
"So appealing that youngsters won't notice that their vocabulary is stretching." --
School Library Journal
"Pilkey's sharp humor shines, and is as much fun for parents as their young readers."
-- Parents' Choice Foundation
"Combines empowerment and empathy with age-appropriate humor and action." --
"Celebrates the triumph of the good-hearted." -- The Educational Book and Media
PUBLISHERS WEEKLY – JULY 13, 2012
Captain Underpants and the Terrifying Return of Tippy Tinkletrousers
Dav Pilkey. Scholastic, $9.99 (304p) ISBN 978-0-545-17534-0
A toast of “non-alckaholick wine” to the ninth Captain Underpants novel—and to Dav Pilkey’s refusal to coast. In fact, the title is something of a red herring since the true centerpiece of this installment is a lengthy flashback to “exactly five years, eleven days, fourteen hours, and six minutes ago,” when mopey kindergartner Harold Hutchins first met precocious George Beard, who sports an awesome Afro instead of his usual flattop.
The boys face a nasty nemesis in the form of Kipper Krupp, the bullying sixth-grade nephew of Principal Krupp, but since Principal Krupp is years away from becoming the world’s greatest superhero, it’s up to the boys to defeat Kipper on their own. Their intricate and ingenious plan incorporates (and this is a short list) locker sabotage, fear of the paranormal, cheerleaders, pizza deliveries, a huge pair of pants, and the creation of the seminal comic “The Advenchers of Dogman.” Pilkey dials back the toilet humor considerably, but plenty of naughtiness is still afoot (there’s an extended riff on the hilarity of turning a “Brake Inspection” sign into “Bra Inspection”), and egregious misspellings abound. Supa! Ages 7–up. (Aug.)
Reviewed on: 07/13/2012
Permalink: http://www.publishersweekly.com/978-0-545-17534-0 (978-0-545-17534-0)