Nic Bishop Elephants (Hardcover)
Sibert Medalist and naturalist Nic Bishop explores the world’s largest land animal -- the ELEPHANT!
Few animals are more impressive than elephants. They are by far the biggest of all land animals. And yet, elephants are more than mighty. They are sensitive and intelligent creatures who live in large, caring family societies run by females. They have extraordinary senses and communicate in complex ways that scientists are only now starting to understand. Elephants play an essential role in the delicate African and Asian ecosystems. Today, elephant populations in both Africa and Asia are being threatened.
Join award-winning author, photographer, and naturalist Nic Bishop as he gives readers an in-depth look at one of the world's smartest and most fascinating animals.
About the Author
Sibert Medalist Nic Bishop is the author and photographer of many award-winning books for children, including Red-Eyed Tree Frog; Chameleon, Chameleon; Nic Bishop Spiders; and most recently, Nic Bishop Snakes. He has a doctorate in biological sciences and a passionate interest in many of the smaller animals on our planet. Nic lives in New Zealand. Visit him online at nicbishop.com.
Praise for Nic Bishop Big Cats:
"A handsome, informative introduction to big cats." -- Booklist
"Eye-catching... beautiful and carnivorous." -- Kirkus Reviews
Praise for Nic Bishop's Animal Series:
* "A fascinating depth of information." -- The Horn Book, starred review
* "Stupendous photographs." -- Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* "Spectacular fold-out pages." -- School Library Journal, starred review
* "Packed with astonishing facts." -- Booklist, starred review
* "Thoughtfully crafted." -- Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books, starred review