There are no products in your shopping cart.
Please call 626-449-5320 to check the availability of this item.
I Survived the Joplin Tornado, 2011 (Prebound)
Please call for price (626)449-5320.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 12 in the I Survived series.
- #1: I Survived the Sinking of the Titanic, 1912 (MP3 CD): Please call for price (626)449-5320.
- #2: I Survived the Shark Attacks of 1916 (MP3 CD): Please call for price (626)449-5320.
- #3: I Survived the Nazi Invasion, 1944 (I Survived Graphic Novel #3): A Graphix Book (I Survived Graphic Novels #3) (Hardcover): $24.99
- #4: I Survived the Bombing of Pearl Harbor, 1941 (Hardcover): Please call for price (626)449-5320.
- #5: I Survived the San Francisco Earthquake, 1906 (Prebound): $16.80
- #7: I Survived the Battle of Gettysburg, 1863 (Prebound): $16.80
- #8: I Survived the Japanese Tsunami, 2011 (Prebound): $16.80
- #9: I Survived the Nazi Invasion, 1944 (Prebound): $16.80
- #10: I Survived the Destruction of Pompeii, A.D. 79: Book 10 of the I Survived Series (MP3 CD): Please call for price (626)449-5320.
- #11: I Survived the Great Chicago Fire, 1871 (Prebound): $15.80
- #13: I Survived the Hindenburg Disaster, 1937 (I Survived #13) (Library Binding): $16.99
- #14: I Survived the Eruption of Mount St. Helens, 1980 (I Survived #14) (Library Binding): $16.99
- #15: I Survived the American Revolution, 1776 (Library Binding): $16.99
- #16: I Survived the Children's Blizzard 1888 (Prebound): Please call for price (626)449-5320.
- #17: I Survived the Attack of the Grizzlies, 1967 (I Survived #17) (Library Binding): $16.99
- #18: I Survived the Battle of D-Day, 1944 (Prebound): $15.80
- #19: I Survived the Great Molasses Flood, 1919 (Pre-Recorded Audio Player): Please call for price (626)449-5320.
The next book in the "New York Times" bestselling I Survived series will place readers right in the middle of the deadly Joplin Tornado of 2011.
The 2011 Joplin tornado was a catastrophic tornado that struck Joplin, Missouri in 2011. It was part of a larger tornado outbreak in the spring of that year and reached a maximum width of nearly 1 mile during its path through the southern part of the city, killing 158 people, injuring over 1,000 and caused damages amounting to a total of $2.8 billion, making it the costliest single tornado in U.S. history. Lauren will bring her signature intensity to this distinctly American natural disaster, placing a young boy in the middle of one of the deadliest tornado to strike the United States since 1947.
About the Author
Lauren Tarshis is the editor of Scholastic's Storyworks magazine and group editorial director for language arts for Scholastic classroom magazines, in addition to being the author of the New York Times Bestselling I Survived series and the critically acclaimed novels "Emma-Jean Lazarus Fell Out of a Tree" and "Emma-Jean Lazarus Fell in Love." She lives in Westport, Connecticut, and can be found online at www.laurentarshis.com.