There are no products in your shopping cart.
Please call 626-449-5320 to check the availability of this item.
I Survived the Children's Blizzard 1888 (Prebound)
Hard to Find
Other Books in Series
This is book number 16 in the I Survived series.
- #1: I Survived the Sinking of the Titanic, 1912 (Prebound): $15.80
- #2: I Survived the Shark Attacks of 1916 (MP3 CD): $9.99
- #3: I Survived Hurricane Katrina, 2005 (MP3 CD): $9.99
- #4: I Survived the Bombing of Pearl Harbor, 1941 (Hardcover): $16.99
- #5: I Survived the San Francisco Earthquake, 1906 (Prebound): $16.80
- #6: I Survived the Attacks of September 11th, 2001 (Prebound): $16.80
- #7: I Survived the Battle of Gettysburg, 1863: Book 7 of the I Survived Series (MP3 CD): $9.99
- #8: I Survived the Japanese Tsunami, 2011: Book 8 of the I Survived Series (MP3 CD): $9.99
- #10: I Survived the Destruction of Pompeii, 79 A.D. (Prebound): $15.80
- #11: I Survived the Great Chicago Fire, 1871 (Prebound): $15.80
- #12: I Survived the Joplin Tornado, 2011: Book 12 of the I Survived Series (MP3 CD): $9.99
- #13: I Survived the Hindenburg Disaster, 1937 (MP3 CD): $9.99
- #14: I Survived the Eruption of Mount St. Helens, 1980 (Prebound): $16.80
- #15: I Survived the American Revolution, 1776 (Prebound): $15.80
- #17: I Survived the Attack of the Grizzlies, 1967 (Prebound): $14.75
- #18: I Survived the Battle of D-Day, 1944 (Prebound): $15.80
- #19: I Survived the Great Molasses Flood, 1919 (Pre-Recorded Audio Player): $54.99
Eleven-year-old John Hale has already survived one brutal Dakota winter, and now he's about to experience one of the deadliest blizzards in American history. The storm of 1888 was a monster, a frozen hurricane that slammed into America's midwest without warning. Within hours, America's prairie would be buried under ten feet of snow. Hundreds would be dead, thousands terrified and lost and freezing.
John never wanted to move to the wide-open prairie. He's a city kid, not a tough pioneer But his inner strength is seriously tested when he finds himself trapped in the blinding snow, the wind like a giant crushing hammer, pounding him over and over again. Will John ever find his way home?
About the Author
Lauren Tarshis's New York Times bestselling I Survived series tells stories of young people and their resilience and strength in the midst of unimaginable disasters. Lauren has brought her signature warmth and exhaustive research to topics such as the September 11 attacks, the destruction of Pompeii, Hurricane Katrina, and the bombing of Pearl Harbor, among others. She lives in Westport, Connecticut, and can be found online at laurentarshis.com.