Microsoft� XNA� Framework Edition: Programming Windows� Phone 7 (Paperback)
NOTE: This book is the printed, XNA-focused edition of Programming Windows Phone 7, which is available as a free eBook from the Microsoft Download Center. A Microsoft Silverlight®-focused edition is also available for sale in print (ISBN 978-0-7356-5667-3). The Microsoft eBook covers both XNA and Silverlight in one volume.
Bring your game ideas to life—with guidance from a Windows programming legend
Begin creating your own game apps for Windows Phone 7—guided by the consummate teacher, award-winning author Charles Petzold. Focusing on the XNA 2D framework and the C# language, you’ll learn how to extend your existing skills—mastering core concepts and techniques for this new mobile platform. As always, Charles brings a unique combination of pragmatism and inspiration to his instruction—along with a wealth of hands-on examples.
Discover how to:
- Develop high-performance XNA 2D games
- Create and animate text and sprites
- Capture and embed bitmaps, balancing performance issues
- Support multi-touch input—including tap, drag, flick, and pinch
- Manipulate bitmaps at the pixel level
- Apply dynamic textures
- Work with transforms
- Put components together for touch-and-play and tilt-and-play games
- Test-drive your game on Windows Phone Emulator
- For system requirements, see the Introduction.
About the Author
Charles Petzold has been writing about programming for Windows-based operating systems for 24 years. A Microsoft MVP for Client Application Development and a Windows Pioneer Award winner, Petzold is author of the classic Programming Windows, currently in its fifth edition and one of the best-known programming books of all time; the widely acclaimed Code: The Hidden Language of Computer Hardware and Software; and more than a dozen other books