All New Square Foot Gardening, 3rd Edition, Fully Updated: MORE Projects - NEW Solutions - GROW Vegetables Anywhere (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 9 in the All New Square Foot Gardening series.
- #3: Square Foot Gardening Answer Book: New Information from the Creator of Square Foot Gardening - the Revolutionary Method (All New Square Foot Gardening #3) (Paperback): $16.99
- #4: All New Square Foot Gardening, Second Edition: The Revolutionary Way to Grow More In Less Space (Paperback): This item is not available.
- #5: Square Foot Gardening with Kids: Learn Together: - Gardening Basics - Science and Math - Water Conservation - Self-sufficiency - Healthy Eating (All New Square Foot Gardening) (Paperback): $24.99
- #6: Square Foot Gardening High-Value Veggies: Homegrown Produce Ranked by Value (All New Square Foot Gardening #6) (Paperback): $17.99
This updated third edition of the best-selling gardening book in North America continues to inspire with planting charts, growing tips, and the know-how you need to grow more veggies than ever before.
Since Square Foot Gardening was first introduced by Mel Bartholomew in 1981, this revolutionary way to grow vegetables has helped millions of home gardeners enjoy their own organic, fresh produce in less space and with less work than traditional row gardens.
New and experienced gardeners will love the charts, photos, illustrations, and how-to tips in All New Square Foot Gardening, 3rd Edition—including 42 veggie-specific planting, growing, and harvesting guides—that make growing your own food fun, easy, and productive.
Perfect for experienced gardeners or beginners, you’ll learn the three simple steps to Square Foot Gardening: build a box; fill it with Mel’s Mix™; add a grid. No digging, no tilling, no fertilizing, no guesswork—less watering, waste, and weeding! There’s so much more packed in this 272-page instructional book—boost your organic vegetable harvest with inspiring how-tos such as:
- Adding trellises and archways to grow up and maximize your space
- Installing automatic watering systems
- Growing vegetables in dense urban areas with little or no yard
- Feeding your veggies the organic way with Mel’s Mix™
- Teaching STEM to kids with Square Foot Gardening—perfect for little hands
- Protecting your plants with shade and frost covers
- Managing pests in the garden with natural methods
Join the millions of gardeners around the world who grow their own organic, fresh produce with Square Foot Gardening, and make next season your best veggie harvest ever.
About the Author
Mel Bartholomew was the founder and inventor of the Square Foot Gardening method and the author of All New Square Foot Gardening, the best-selling gardening book in America for a generation. The guide has sold 2.5 million copies since Bartholomew wrote the book in 1981. He hosted a PBS TV show for five years, and then was telecast for three more years on the Learning Channel and Discovery Network. Bartholomew presided over the nonprofit Square Foot Gardening Foundation, which encourages every household around the world to have a small garden and eat fresh, healthy vegetables that are uncontaminated. He passed away in May, 2016.
The Square Foot Gardening Foundation is a nonprofit organization that operates an extensive outreach network to bring Square Foot Gardening to vegetable gardeners and to countries with hunger issues. Consisting of several full-time staff and a small board of directors, the Foundation is based in Halesite, New York. Through a large network of certified Square Foot Gardening instructors, the Foundation conducts seminars and classes throughout the United States to teach the Square Foot Gardening method pioneered by the late Mel Bartholomew.