There are no products in your shopping cart.
Please call 626-449-5320 to check the availability of this item.
Judy Moody (Paperback)
Hard to Find
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Judy Moody series.
- #2: Judy Moody and Friends: Rocky Zang in The Amazing Mr. Magic (Paperback): $4.99
- #3: Judy Moody and Stink: The Big Bad Blackout (Paperback): $7.99
- #4: Judy Moody and Friends: Frank Pearl in The Awful Waffle Kerfuffle (Paperback): $4.99
- #5: Judy Moody, M.D.: The Doctor is in! (Paperback): $5.99
- #6: Judy Moody and Friends: Triple Pet Trouble (Paperback): $4.99
- #7: Judy Moody and Friends: Mrs. Moody in The Birthday Jinx (Paperback): $4.99
- #8: April Fools', Mr. Todd! (Judy Moody and Friends #8) (Paperback): $4.99
- #9: Judy Moody, Girl Detective (Paperback): $5.99
- #10: Judy Moody and the NOT Bummer Summer (Paperback): $5.99
- #11: Judy Moody and the Bad Luck Charm (Paperback): $5.99
- #12: Judy Moody, Mood Martian (Paperback): $5.99
- #13: Judy Moody and the Bucket List (Paperback): $5.99
- #14: Judy Moody and the Right Royal Tea Party (Hardcover): $15.99
- #15: Judy Moody, Book Quiz Whiz (Hardcover): $15.99
Any kid who's ever been in a bad mood will relate to the feisty, funny, ever-changing Judy Moody. (Ages 6-10)
To start, Judy Moody doesn't have high hopes for third grade. Her new desk won't have an armadillo sticker with her name on it. Her new classroom will not have a porcupine named Roger. And with her luck, she'll get stuck sitting in the first row, where Mr. Todd will notice every time she tries to pass a note to her best friend, Rocky. An aspiring doctor, Judy does have a little brother who comes in handy for practicing medicine, a cool new pet, and a huge Band-Aid collection.
Judy also has an abundance of individuality and attitude, and when Mr. Todd assigns a very special class project, she really gets a chance to express herself! Megan McDonald's spirited text and Peter Reynolds's wry illustrations combine in a feisty, funny first chapter book for every kid who has ever felt a little out of sorts.
About the Author
Megan McDonald is the creator of the popular and award-winning Judy Moody and Stink series. She is also the author of two Sisters Club stories and many other books for children. She lives in Sebastopol, California.
Peter H. Reynolds is the illustrator of the Judy Moody and Stink books and the author-illustrator of THE DOT, ISH, SO FEW OF ME, THE NORTH STAR, and ROSE'S GARDEN. He lives in Dedham, Massachusetts.
The book itself has a look as fresh as its heroine . . .The book opens . . . with a hilarious spread in pen-and-ink wash . . . the dialogue is spot-on . . . It's hard to imagine a mood Judy couldn't improve.
—Publishers Weekly, starred review
...[T]his beginning chapter book features large type; simple, expressive prose and dialogue; and plenty of child-appealing humor. Children will enjoy lively Judy and her diverse hobbies and adventures with best-friend Rocky. They'll also like the witty, detailed drawings (especially the picture of Judy's unique collage, a nice activity idea) . . . An entertaining story that portrays challenges and pleasures from a kid's perspective, and shows how making the best of things can have surprising rewards.
Changeable skies arch over a third-grader's moodscape in this easy-reading chapter book . . . Reynolds's black-and-white washes are perfectly placed to track Judy's ups and downs . . . Surefire fare for Cleary, Kline, and Hurwitz fans.
McDonald's offbeat humor coupled with expressive black-and-white cartoonlike illustrations make Judy, her family, and her friends both appealing and realistic.
—The Horn Book Guide
Fans of Beverly Cleary and the Amber Brown books should appreciate this fresh, energetic series about an irresistibly willful third grader.
Judy is just, well, intense, in that at-odds-with-the-whole-world way typical of third graders . . . this large-type chapter book is immensely funny . . . Fuming all the way, Judy Moody rules.