Mentats of Dune: Book Two of the Schools of Dune Trilogy (Mass Market)
Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 9 in the Dune series.
- #1: Dune: The Butlerian Jihad: Book One of the Legends of Dune Trilogy (Mass Market): $9.99
- #2: Dune: The Machine Crusade: Book Two of the Legends of Dune Trilogy (Mass Market): $9.99
- #3: Dune: The Battle of Corrin: Book Three of the Legends of Dune Trilogy (Mass Market): $9.99
- #4: Hunters of Dune (Mass Market): $9.99
- #5: Sandworms of Dune (Mass Market): $9.99
- #6: Chapterhouse: Dune (Paperback): $9.99
- #7: The Winds of Dune: Book Two of the Heroes of Dune (Mass Market): $9.99
- #8: Sisterhood of Dune: Book One of the Schools of Dune Trilogy (Mass Market): $9.99
- #10: Navigators of Dune: Book Three of the Schools of Dune Trilogy (Mass Market): $9.99
In Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson's Mentats of Dune, the thinking machines have been defeated but the struggle for humanity's future continues.
Gilbertus Albans has founded the Mentat School, a place where humans can learn the efficient techniques of thinking machines. But Gilbertus walks an uneasy line between his own convictions and compromises in order to survive the Butlerian fanatics, led by the madman Manford Torondo and his Swordmaster Anari Idaho. Mother Superior Raquella attempts to rebuild her Sisterhood School on Wallach IX, with her most talented and ambitious student, Valya Harkonnen, who also has another goalto exact revenge on Vorian Atreides, the legendary hero of the Jihad, whom she blames for her family's downfall.
Meanwhile, Josef Venport conducts his own war against the Butlerians. VenHold Spacing Fleet controls nearly all commerce thanks to the superior mutated Navigators that Venport has created, and he places a ruthless embargo on any planet that accepts Manford Torondo's anti-technology pledge, hoping to starve them into submission. But fanatics rarely surrender easily . . .
The Mentats, the Navigators, and the Sisterhood all strive to improve the human race, but each group knows that as Butlerian fanaticism grows stronger, the battle will be to choose the path of humanity's futurewhether to embrace civilization, or to plunge into an endless dark age.
About the Author
BRIAN HERBERT, the son of Frank Herbert, is the author of multiple New York Times bestsellers. In 2003, he published Dreamer of Dune, a moving biography of his father that was nominated for the Hugo Award. His other novels include Man of Two Worlds (written with Frank Herbert), Sudanna Sudanna, and The Little Green Book of Chairman Rahma.
KEVIN J. ANDERSON has written dozens of national bestsellers and has been nominated for the Hugo Award, the Nebula Award, the Bram Stoker Award, and the SFX Readers' Choice Award. His critically acclaimed original novels include the ambitious space opera series The Saga of Seven Suns, including The Dark Between the Stars, as well as the Terra Incognita fantasy epic with its two accompanying rock CDs. He also set the Guinness-certified world record for the largest single-author book signing.