Beginner's Welsh with Online Audio (Paperback)
Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
Welsh is a Celtic language of the British Isles, spoken primarily in Wales. It has been spoken there for over sixteen hundred years, and Old Welsh was used throughout Britain before the Norman Conquest and the expansion of English. The importance of Welsh in the region's history and culture makes knowledge of the language important to both travelers and scholars.
Beginner's Welsh with Online Audio offers a fresh approach for students or travelers who wish to learn Welsh, and the lessons are specially designed to help visitors feel comfortable in Wales.
- A brief introduction to Welsh history and culture
- 17 practical lessons with dialogues, vocabulary, and expressions
- Exercises with answer key
- Welsh-English and English-Welsh glossaries
- Online MP3 audio files for download which feature pronunciation by native speakers