Beginner's Persian (Iranian Farsi) with Online Audio (Paperback)
Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
Farsi Persian, the official language of Iran, is spoken across the Middle East and Central Asia by a worldwide community of over 60 million people. Farsi's linguistic and literary legacy is over 2,500 years old, and continues to play a central role in Near Eastern politics, business and culture. Persian is the dominant language of Iran's international business world and a critical language to understanding the intricacies of Middle Eastern literary, historical and cultural trends.
Equally suited to both new students and heritage speakers, Beginner's Persian with Online Audio features 10 carefully-paced and practical lessons with dialogues, vocabulary, and expressions. It also includes:
- A guide to reading and writing Persian
- Exercises for each lesson with answer key
- Persian-English and English-Persian glossaries
- An alphabet and pronunciation guide
- Online MP3 audio files for free download featuring pronunciation by native speakers.