Mini Burmese Dictionary: Burmese-English / English-Burmese (Tuttle Mini Dictionary) (Paperback)
Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
Usually arrives at our store within 4-7 days
Tuttle's Mini Burmese Dictionary is the most up-to-date Burmese dictionary available and is ideal for any application where a handy, portable dictionary is required. This powerful pocket reference contains the following special features:
- Bidirectional Burmese-English and English-Burmese sections.
- 4,000 to 5,000 entries in each direction.
- Headwords printed in bold for quick and easy reference.
- Romanized forms and Burmese script for all Burmese words.
- A guide to pronunciation helps the user to pronounce Burmese words correctly.
- Latest computer, Internet, mobile phone and social media vocabulary.
- The ideal dictionary for business, study and travel.
- May be used for all U.S. ESL standardized testing.
About the Author
Aung Kyaw Phyo lives and works in Myanmar. He is currently Assistant Lecturer of English at Taungoo University, where he specializes in semantics, phonetics and syntax. He holds a BA in English from Taungoo University, an MA in TEFL from Yangon University of Foreign Languages and an MA in TESOL from Victoria University in Wellington, New Zealand. As well as a teacher, he is a translator, whose assignments include linguistic theses and NGO reports. He is currently translating a book on linguistics for the Burmese publishing house Koon Chan Lann. He has also written articles on education, youth and politics for Myanmar news magazine the Voice Journal.