Easy Mandarin Chinese: A Complete Language Course and Pocket Dictionary in One (100 Minute Audio CD Included) [With CD (Audio)] (Paperback)
Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
On Our Shelves Now
Concise and user-friendly, Easy Mandarin Chinese is designed for anyone who wants to learn Mandarin Chinese--whether on their own or with a teacher. This language learning book introduces the learner to all the basics of the Chinese language and teaches practical daily conversations and vocabulary. It enables users to begin efficiently communicating from the very first day, and its compact size makes it an excellent tool for travelers or business people looking to learn Chinese on the road without giving up on any content. This Mandarin language learning book includes:
- Useful notes on the Chinese script, pronunciation, sentence structure, vocabulary, and grammar
- Sections covering greetings, requests, idiomatic expressions and everyday situations
- Cultural information about Chinese etiquette as well as do's and don'ts
- A glossary of the most commonly-used Mandarin Chinese words and phrases
- An enclosed CD-ROM with many hours of native-speaker recordings of the dialogues, vocabulary and exercises.
About the Author
Dr. Haohsiang Liao is Senior Lecturer of Chinese Studies and directs the Chinese Language Program at MIT. He specializes in Chinese language pedagogy, cross-cultural communications, teacher training and evaluation and second language acquisition. Dr. Liao has also taught Chinese at Williams College, Ohio State University and Harvard University, and co-authored three Chinese language textbooks for advanced learners. These titles are Understanding the People and the World: Advanced Chinese, Discussing Everything Chinese: A Comprehensive Textbook in Intermediate-High Chinese and When to Say What.