Sink Into Sleep (Paperback)
Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
Praise for the Second Edition:
F]or everyone who has insomnia and is motivated to change his/her life - awake time and sleep time - for the better...If you suffer from insomnia, buy this book.
(c) Doody's Review Service, 2021, Charla Sue Waxman, BS, MBA, EdD (Lake Behavioral Hospital)
The CBT-I Program That Gets You Sleeping
Now in its second edition, Sink Into Sleep provides the tools and techniques to reverse insomnia and improve sleep long-term. Insomnia, persistent trouble getting to sleep or staying asleep, affects our daytime functioning and wellbeing. This book breaks down the principles of cognitive behavioral therapy for insomnia (CBT-I), the sleep program considered first-line treatment in the clinic, into a step-by-step and reader friendly program that can be easily followed at home. Written by a clinical psychologist and researcher who has worked in the sleep field for 40 years, the book uses data from a real patient to illustrate each step of the process. The book is complete with detailed sleep diaries, worksheets, and more, all of which are also available online to download and use on your own journey to sleeping better now and into the future.
Guiding readers through this self-directed sleep therapy program, Sink Into Sleep features updated information and new scientific findings on key topics for patients and health care providers including:
- Tried-and-true CBT-I methods of sleep management
- Successful cognitive therapy methods to deal with racing thoughts at bedtime
- Different sleep needs for women and men through life and health conditions
- Influence of nutrition, exercise, and sex on sleep in a brand-new chapter
- Depression, anxiety, and traumatic stress and how they intersect with sleep
- Prescribed and non-prescribed medications, herbal remedies, and cannabis for sleep