Programming the Raspberry Pi: Getting Started with Python (Paperback)
Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.An updated guide to programming your own Raspberry Pi projectsLearn to create inventive programs and fun games on your powerful Raspberry Pi--with no programming experience required. This practical book has been revised to fully cover the new Raspberry Pi 2, including upgrades to the Raspbian operating system. Discover how to configure hardware and software, write Python scripts, create user-friendly GUIs, and control external electronics. DIY projects include a hangman game, RGB LED controller, digital clock, and RasPiRobot complete with an ultrasonic rangefinder.
- Updated for Raspberry Pi 2
- Set up your Raspberry Pi and explore its features
- Navigate files, folders, and menus
- Write Python programs using the IDLE editor
- Use strings, lists, functions, and dictionaries
- Work with modules, classes, and methods
- Create user-friendly games using Pygame
- Build intuitive user interfaces with Tkinter
- Attach external electronics through the GPIO port
- Add powerful Web features to your projects
About the Author
Dr. Simon Monk has a bachelor's degree in cybernetics and computer science and a Ph.D. in software engineering. He is now a full-time writer and has authored numerous books, including Programming Arduino, 30 Arduino Projects for the Evil Genius, Hacking Electronics, and Fritzing for Inventors. Dr. Monk also runs the website monk.makes.com, which features his own products.