There are no products in your shopping cart.
Please call 626-449-5320 to check the availability of this item.
Connect First: 52 Simple Ways to Ignite Success, Meaning, and Joy at Work (Hardcover)
On Our Shelves Now
#1 WALL STREET JOURNAL BESTSELLER - USA TODAY BESTSELLER
A renowned business psychologist, advisor, and consultant to the world's leading companies reveals the key to greater success, meaning, and joy at work Technology has enabled us to be more interconnected today than ever before. So why do so many of us feel isolated and undervalued at work? Why does it feel like something is missing? It doesn't have to be this way. In these rapidly changing, challenging times, how do we--YOU--develop the intuition, self-awareness, and interpersonal agility required to prosper? Here's what we've lost track of: organizations are run by people, and people run on emotions. Strong relationships are the bedrock of lasting success, meaning, and joy at work. In this life-changing guide, Dr. Melanie Katzman shows you an impactful approach to connect first as fellow humans, then as coworkers and colleagues, to forge the deep bonds that make a significant difference. Learn how to: - Establish respect and make others feel valued
- Engage all of your senses to create a truly inclusive culture
- Become popular and be the person everyone wants to work with
- Grow loyalty by making it about them--your coworkers
- Resolve conflicts by remaining curious and open with others
- Fight fear (and prepare for the future) by stepping outside your comfort zone and experimenting with new ideas
- Have a big impact by leveraging your platform, living your values, and leading the change Dr. Katzman presents 52 actions you can take immediately to create a deeply rewarding work life by connecting to yourself, your organization, and the world at large. These are the same powerful techniques she has used with leaders and employees at the world's top companies to enhance productivity and foster fulfillment and joy at work--the hallmarks of true success.
About the Author
Melanie Katzman, PhD, is a business psychologist, advisor, and consultant to the world's top public and private companies, as well as governmental and nonprofit institutions. As the founder of Katzman Consulting, she is a sought-after expert in executive development, group dynamics, and leadership diversity, and has worked with businesses―including Accenture, Bain Consulting, Goldman Sachs, MTV, PwC, and Viacom―in 31 countries. A busy speaker, she is also a founding partner of the global nonprofit Leaders' Quest. Dr. Katzman has held faculty positions in psychiatry at Weill-Cornell Medical Center and the University of London and was a senior fellow at Wharton Business School's Center for Leadership and Change Management. She has been featured in the New York Times, Financial Times, South China Morning Post, Vanity Fair, O Magazine, and on ABC, CBS, and Lifetime.