The Ego Is Not the Real You: Wisdom to Transcend the Mind and Realize the Self (Paperback)
Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
On Our Shelves Now
Learn to let go of the illusions of the ego and discover the real you with this collection of inspiring quotes on the ego, mind, and spiritual enlightenment from human-consciousness expert Dr. David R. Hawkins.
Are you willing to let go of seeing yourself as the ego believes you to be? Are you willing to go further, to know that the ego itself is an illusion?
In this book, select teachings from Dr. David R. Hawkins’s extensive body of work will guide you in the process of realization, surrender, and transformation. When we let go of the old ways of thinking, our attachments, and the false promises of the ego, we discover the truth that we are one with All.
Features classic passages, including:
• It is not really necessary to subdue the ego, but merely to stop identifying with it.
• Every life experience, no matter how “tragic,” contains a hidden lesson. When we discover and acknowledge the hidden gift that is there, a healing takes place.
• Enlightenment is not a condition to be obtained; it is merely a certainty to be surrendered to, for the Self is already one’s Reality. It is the Self that is attracting one to spiritual information.
• To be enlightened merely means that consciousness has realized its most inner, innate quality as nonlinear subjectivity and its capacity for awareness.
• The only energy that has more power than the strength of the collective ego is that of Spiritual Truth.
“This book is small in size, but it can have a massive impact on your life. It will take you through the process of a total transformation of consciousness—if you choose to apply its teachings deeply within yourself.” — From the Introduction by Fran Grace, Ph.D.
About the Author
David R. Hawkins, M.D., Ph.D., (1927–2012) was recognized worldwide as a leading teacher of the way to Enlightenment. His extensive background also includes 50 years’ experience in psychiatry. He was an acknowledged leader in research on the nature of consciousness and presented lectures worldwide.