Child Language: Acquisition and Development (Hardcover)
Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
This item is not available.
The acquisition of language is a staggering feat, yet one that all typically developing children manage by the time they reach school age. Child Language: Acquisition and Development presents the latest thinking and research on how children acquire or develop their first language, written and developed in a manner that will be stimulating and interesting for a range of undergraduate students.The reader is encouraged to adopt a critical stance throughout and weigh the evidence for themselves. Key features for the student include:
- boxes and exercises to foster an understanding of key concepts in language and linguistics;
- a glossary of key terms; suggestions for further reading;
- a list of useful websites at the end of each chapter;
- discussion points for use in class;
- and separate author and subject indexes.