The California Landlord's Law Book: Evictions (Paperback)
On Our Shelves Now
Here, you'll find all of the forms you need along with clear, step-by-step instructions on how to:
- prepare nonpayment of rent notices
- prepare 3-, 30-, 60-, and 90-day notices
- complete and serve all required eviction forms
- deal with tenants' delaying tactics, and
- file your "unlawful detainer" complaint in court.
Merely filing an eviction lawsuit might prompt the tenant to leave. If it doesn't, you'll learn how to:
- handle a contested eviction suit by yourself--and know when to get professional help
- respond to a tenant's defenses and claims
- evict a tenant who has filed for bankruptcy or is occupying property you purchased at a foreclosure sale, and
- collect unpaid rent after you win.