Learning R: A Step-By-Step Function Guide to Data Analysis (Paperback)
Learn how to perform data analysis with the R language and software environment, even if you have little or no programming experience. With the tutorials in this hands-on guide, you ll learn how to use the essential R tools you need to know to analyze data, including data types and programming concepts.
The second half of Learning R shows you real data analysis in action by covering everything from importing data to publishing your results. Each chapter in the book includes a quiz on what you ve learned, and concludes with exercises, most of which involve writing R code.
- Write a simple R program, and discover what the language can do
- Use data types such as vectors, arrays, lists, data frames, and strings
- Execute code conditionally or repeatedly with branches and loops
- Apply R add-on packages, and package your own work for others
- Learn how to clean data you import from a variety of sources
- Understand data through visualization and summary statistics
- Use statistical models to pass quantitative judgments about data and make predictions
- Learn what to do when things go wrong while writing data analysis code
About the Author
Richie is a data scientist with a background in chemical health and safety, and has worked extensively on tools to give non-technical users access to statistical models. He is the author of the R packages assertive for checking the state of your variables and sig to make sure your functions have a sensible API. He runs The Damned Liars statistics consultancy.