Dangerous Games to Play in the Dark: (Adult Night Games, Midnight Games, Sleepover Activities, Magic & Illusions Books) (Hardcover)
Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
On Our Shelves Now
What begins as a test of bravery or a sleepover activity—chanting in front of a mirror, riding an elevator alone, taking pictures in the dark—can become something . . . dangerous.
The most spine-chilling games based on urban legends from around the world: Centuries-old games such as Bloody Mary, Light as a Feather, and Stiff as a Board are detailed alongside new games from the internet age, like The Answer Man, a sinister voice that whispers secrets to whoever manages to contact him with a cellphone.
• Features step-by-step instructions, historical context, and the stakes for each game—including objective, risk level, reward, and additional warnings
• Includes chilling and dark illustrations throughout that intensify the mysteries of each game
• Discover a variety of dangerous games including ones you can do in a group or on your own
A guide to summoning spirits, divining the future, and invoking the supernatural.
• Author Lucia Peters has been featured online at The Toast, Bustle, and other sites. She also runs The Ghost In My Machine, a website where she spooks readers with stories of the strange and unusual
• Dangerous Games to Play in the Dark is the ideal gift for anyone looking for a late-night thrill—but beware who, or what, may come out to play
About the Author
Lucia Peters is a writer and editor based in Washington, DC. Her writing has appeared online at The Toast, Bustle, and other sites. She also runs The Ghost In My Machine, a website where she spooks readers with stories of the strange and unusual.