Blue Labyrinth (Agent Pendergast Series #14) (Hardcover)
Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 14 in the Agent Pendergast Series series.
- #3: The Cabinet of Curiosities: A Novel (Agent Pendergast Series #3) (Hardcover): $30.00
- #4: Still Life with Crows (Agent Pendergast Series #4) (Hardcover): $30.00
- #5: Brimstone (Agent Pendergast Series #5) (Mass Market): $10.00
- #6: Dance of Death (Agent Pendergast Series #6) (Large Print / Hardcover): $38.00
- #7: The Book of the Dead (Agent Pendergast Series #7) (Mass Market): $10.00
- #8: The Wheel of Darkness (Agent Pendergast Series #8) (Large Print / Hardcover): $37.00
- #9: Cemetery Dance (Agent Pendergast Series #9) (Mass Market): $10.00
- #10: Fever Dream (Agent Pendergast Series #10) (Mass Market): $10.00
- #11: Cold Vengeance (Agent Pendergast Series #11) (Large Print / Hardcover): $36.00
- #12: Two Graves (Agent Pendergast Series #12) (Mass Market): $10.00
- #13: White Fire (Agent Pendergast Series #13) (Large Print / Hardcover): $37.00
- #15: Crimson Shore (Agent Pendergast Series #15) (Large Print / Hardcover): $29.00
- #16: The Obsidian Chamber (Agent Pendergast Series #16) (Hardcover): $31.00
- #17: City of Endless Night (Agent Pendergast Series #17) (Paperback): $15.99
- #18: Verses for the Dead (Agent Pendergast Series #18) (Large Print / Hardcover): $32.00
- #19: Crooked River (Agent Pendergast Series #19) (Hardcover): $29.00
- #21: Bloodless (Agent Pendergast Series #21) (Hardcover): $29.00
When a longtime enemy shows up dead on Pendergast's doorstep, the murder investigation leads him into his own dark past as a vengeful killer waits in the shadows.
It begins with murder. One of Pendergast's most implacable, most feared enemies is found on his doorstep, dead. Pendergast has no idea who is responsible for the killing, or why the body was brought to his home. The mystery has all the hallmarks of the perfect crime, save for an enigmatic clue: a piece of turquoise lodged in the stomach of the deceased.
The gem leads Pendergast to an abandoned mine on the shore of California's Salton Sea, which in turn propels him on a journey of discovery deep into his own family's sinister past. But Pendergast learns there is more at work than a ghastly episode of family history: he is being stalked by a subtle killer bent on vengeance over an ancient transgression. And he soon becomes caught in a wickedly clever plot, which leaves him stricken in mind and body, and propels him toward a reckoning beyond anything he could ever have imagined . . .
About the Author
The thrillers of Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child "stand head and shoulders above their rivals" (Publishers Weekly). Preston and Child's Relic and The Cabinet of Curiosities were chosen by readers in a National Public Radio poll as being among the one hundred greatest thrillers ever written, and Relic was made into a number-one box office hit movie. They are coauthors of the famed Pendergast series and their recent novels include Fever Dream, Cold Vengeance, Two Graves, and Gideon's Corpse. In addition to his novels, Preston writes about archaeology for the New Yorker and Smithsonian magazines. Lincoln Child is a former book editor who has published five novels of his own, including the huge bestseller Deep Storm.
Readers can sign up for The Pendergast File, a monthly "strangely entertaining note" from the authors, at their website, www.PrestonChild.com. The authors welcome visitors to their alarmingly active Facebook page, where they post regularly.
"Fast-moving, sophisticated and bursting with surprises... If you're willing to surrender to Preston and Child's fiendish imaginations, you might devour the Pendergast books the way kids do Halloween candy...There's nothing else like them."—The Washington Post
"Preston and Child have the ability to blend contemporary forensic thrillers with a dose of Dickensian/Sherlock Holmes-era atmosphere. Add a villain to a vendetta that has spanned generations and a cast of characters that readers will find emotionally satisfying, and the end result is another best-seller for the duo."—Associated Press
"Preston & Child once again bring A.X.L. Pendergast to life and offer up a host of thrills, heart-pumping action, and an intricate plot that pits a vengeful killer against (still) the most interesting character in fiction."—Suspense Magazine
"Quirky and compelling."—San Francisco Bee
"Those who have grown to love Agent Pendergast will not be disappointed in the newest installment of his series by Preston and Child. The sharp wit and secretive demeanor of Pendergast are both amusing and mystifying to readers, and the plot unfolds in twists that will keep readers guessing right up to the end."—RT Reviews
"A complete winner...pure reading joy...I loved, loved, LOVED this book...Grab this one immediately-and be prepared to put your life on hold as you devour it."—GimmeThatBook.com
"In a single word, WOW...A must read...Trust me, you will not be disappointed."—StefansBookShelf.com
"It's a fun, frantic, can't-put-down-read that will undoubtedly go over well with fans both casual and dedicated."—Beauty In Ruins
"Special Agent A.X.L. Pendergast is back in his most personal and dangerous case yet. While many authors may slack off over time with series characters, Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child do just the opposite...Whether a longtime fan or a newcomer, this installment will have you on the edge of your seat."—Florida Times-Union