Anne of Windy Poplars (Anne of Green Gables #4) (Paperback)
Usually arrives at our store within 4-7 days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the Anne of Green Gables series.
- #1: Anne of Green Gables (Paperback): $6.99
- #2: Anne of Avonlea (Anne of Green Gables #2) (Paperback): $6.98
- #3: Anne of the Island (Anne of Green Gables #3) (Paperback): $12.99
- #5: Anne's House of Dreams (Paperback): $11.99
- #6: Anne of Ingleside (Paperback): $12.99
- #7: Rainbow Valley (Anne of Green Gables #7) (Paperback): $6.50
- #8: Rilla of Ingleside (Anne of Green Gables #8) (Mass Market): $5.99
- #9: Chronicles of Avonlea (Anne of Green Gables #9) (Compact Disc): $39.99
- #10: Further Chronicles of Avonlea (Anne of Green Gables #10) (MP3 CD): $29.99
Anne of Windy Poplars' is the fourth book in the 'Anne of Green Gables' series. In this novel, 22-year-old Anne has left college to serve as principal of Summerside High School and settles down in Windy Poplars. Anne has to overcome opposition to her presence from an influential family, the Pringles. The Pringles family make it well known she was not what they had hoped for in their new Prinicipal. She also finds new friends in Aunt Kate, Aunty Chatty and Rebecca Dew. This early work by Lucy Maud Montgomery was originally published in 1936 and we are now republishing it with a brand new introductory biography. Lucy Maud Montgomery was born on 30th November 1874, New London, in the Canadian province of Prince Edward Island. Her mother, Clara Woolner (Macneil), died before Lucy reached the age of two and so she was raised by her maternal grandparents in a family of wealthy Scottish immigrants. In 1908 Montgomery produced her first full-length novel, titled 'Anne of Green Gables'. It was an instant success, and following it up with several sequels, Montgomery became a regular on the best-seller list and an international household name. Montgomery died in Toronto on 24th April 1942.