Stations of the Cross for Kids (Paperback)
Usually arrives at our store within 4-7 days
Let us follow our dear Lord Jesus as he travels the Way of the Cross. He is asking us to follow him. Are you afraid? Jesus himself was afraid to walk this painful journey, but out of love for us, he did so. So for love of him, we follow. This fully illustrated version of the traditional Stations of the Cross contains new meditations by children's author Regina Doman (Angel in the Waters) along with:
- - Scripture verses that point to each station,
- - traditional prayers attributed to St. Francis of Assisi and St. Alphonsus Ligouri,
- - lyrics to the traditional hymn "Stabat Mater" (At the Cross Her Station Keeping) in both Latin and English,
- - a feature that gives historical and scriptural lessons concerning the tradition of walking the Way of the Cross,
- - and a final prayer that ties the stations to Eucharistic adoration throughout the liturgical year.
About the Author
Regina Doman is a Catholic wife, mother, teacher, and author of children's and young adult fiction. Her previous books for children include the best-selling Angel in the Waters (Sophia Institute Press) and The Story of Job (TAN). She has written and edited over ten books for teens, including her own retellings of fairy tales in modern settings, The Shadow of the Bear, and its sequels. Today she teaches high school English at a hybrid school based in her Catholic parish. Regina and her husband Andrew live in Virginia's Shenandoah Valley on a farmstead with their children. To the question, "How do you manage to get it all done?" Regina responds, "What makes you think I get it all done?"