Kids Can Code!: Fun Ways to Learn Computer Programming (Paperback)
Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
Usually arrives at our store within 4-7 days
Coding Activities and Adventures for Kids! The activity-based learning in this guide sets kids up for immediate coding success, so they feel like a real programmer.
Unleash the master coder in your child with this activity-filled guide! Fun coding adventures show kids just how far their imagination can take them. (Did you know coding took us to the moon?!) Complete with simple steps, colorful illustrations, and easy-to-follow screenshots, kids will find the encouragement they need to dive right in and discover the amazing power of coding. You’ll both love how Kids Can Code:
- Gives kids the confidence to master coding through simple projects that feel like play.
- Helps young learners get to know some of the most common coding languages—and the many ways they’re used to invent and create—in kid-friendly ways.
- Makes concepts like plot coordinates and binary code simple (even fun!) to grasp.
- Boosts computational thinking—tackling large problems by breaking them down into a sequence of smaller, more manageable problems.
- Gives kids a taste of the many ways coding be used—from music and design to animation and gaming.
It’s the best way to keep them learning and excited about technology!
About the Author
Ian Garland fell in love with coding at a young age and now shares his knowledge through writing. He’s passionate about video games, particularly the behind-the-scenes programming and applications as teaching tools. Ian lives in Perth, Scotland, where he enjoys spending time with his girlfriend and his dog Bailey.