Snakeskin Shamisen (Mas Arai) (MP3 CD)
Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
Other Books in Series
- #1: Summer of the Big Bachi (Mas Arai #1) (Paperback): $16.00
- #2: Gasa-Gasa Girl (Mas Arai #2) (Paperback): $17.00
- #3: Snakeskin Shamisen (Mas Arai #3) (Paperback): This item is not available.
- #6: Sayonara Slam (Mas Arai Mysteries #6) (MP3 CD): This item is not available.
- #7: Hiroshima Boy (Mas Arai Mystery #7) (Paperback): $16.00
From Summer of the Big Bachi to Gasa-Gasa Girl, Naomi Hirahara's acclaimed novels have featured one of mystery fiction's most unique heroes: Mas Arai, a curmudgeonly LA gardener, Hiroshima survivor, and inveterate gambler. Few things get Mas more excited than gambling, so when he hears about a $500,000 win--from a novelty slot machine --he's torn between admiration and derision. But the stakes are quickly raised when the winner, a friend of Mas' pal, G. I. Hasuike, is found stabbed to death just days later. The last thing Mas wants to do is stick his nose in someone else's business, but at G. I.'s prodding he reluctantly agrees to follow the trail of a battered snakeskin shamisen (a traditional Okinawan musical instrument) left at the scene of the crime...and suddenly finds himself caught up in a dark mystery that reaches from the islands of Okinawa to the streets of LA--a world of heartbreaking memories, deception, and murder.