There are no products in your shopping cart.
Please call 626-449-5320 to check the availability of this item.
Judy Moody Declares Independence (Paperback)
On Our Shelves Now
Other Books in Series
This is book number 6 in the Judy Moody series.
- #1: Judy Moody: Está de mal humor / Judy Moody Was In a Mood (Paperback): $7.95
- #2: Judy Moody and Friends: Rocky Zang in The Amazing Mr. Magic (Paperback): $4.99
- #3: Judy Moody and Friends: Amy Namey in Ace Reporter (Paperback): $4.99
- #4: Judy Moody and Friends: Frank Pearl in The Awful Waffle Kerfuffle (Paperback): $4.99
- #5: Judy Moody and Friends: Stink Moody in Master of Disaster (Paperback): $4.99
- #7: Judy Moody and Friends: Mrs. Moody in The Birthday Jinx (Hardcover): $12.99
- #8: April Fools', Mr. Todd! (Judy Moody and Friends #8) (Paperback): $4.99
- #9: Judy Moody es detective / Judy Moody, Girl Detective (Paperback): $7.95
- #10: Judy Moody and Friends: Not-So-Lucky Lefty (Paperback): $4.99
- #11: Judy Moody and Friends: Searching for Stinkodon (Paperback): $4.99
- #12: Judy Moody, Mood Martian (Hardcover): $15.99
- #13: Judy Moody and the Bucket List (Hardcover): $15.99
- #14: Judy Moody and the Right Royal Tea Party (Hardcover): $15.99
- #15: Judy Moody, Book Quiz Whiz (Hardcover): $15.99
When a visit to Boston spurs Judy's interest in Revolutionary heroes and heroines, she's soon on a quest for more independence.
A visit to Boston has put our famous third-grader in a revolutionary mood. But staging a revolt in the form of a tea-throwing Boston Tub Party has her dad reading the riot act. Will a real-life crisis involving her brother, Stink, finally give Judy a chance to show her courageous quick thinking — and prove her independence once and for all?
About the Author
Megan McDonald is the creator of the popular and award-winning Judy Moody and Stink series. She is also the author of three Sisters Club stories, two books about Ant and Honey Bee, and many other books for children. Megan McDonald lives in California.
Peter H. Reynolds is the illustrator of the Judy Moody and Stink books and the author-illustrator of The Dot, Ish, Sky Color, So Few of Me, The North Star, Rose’s Garden, The Smallest Gift of Christmas, and Playing from the Heart. Born in Canada, he now lives in Dedham, Massachusetts.
Fans get a history lesson delivered with humor, as Judy petitions for her own freedoms — such as more allowance.
Fans can cheer 'Huzzah! Huzzah!' for Judy as she connects history with her own story.
—San Francisco Chronicle
Judy's petitioning for parental concessions will spark recognition in many readers, and in both McDonald's charismatic narrative and Reynolds' line drawings, the characterization of a dauntless, endearingly notional third-grader is as spot-on as ever.
INDEPENDENCE is good for curricular ties to social studies units, and McDonald does a great job of transforming the concepts into familiar concerns. Read aloud or alone, this delightful book will inspire children to write their own declarations of independence.
—School Library Journal
Illustrator Peter H. Reynolds portrays Judy’s spunk, and McDonald tells a story that not only offers a fun, fictional heroine, but also admirably introduces a real female heroine from the time of the American Revolution.