Livid: A Scarpetta Novel (Kay Scarpetta #26) (Hardcover)
Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 26 in the Kay Scarpetta series.
- #1: Postmortem (Kay Scarpetta #1) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #2: Body of Evidence: Scarpetta 2 (Kay Scarpetta #2) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #4: Cruel and Unusual: Scarpetta 4 (Kay Scarpetta #4) (Paperback): $18.00
- #5: La granja de los cuerpos / The Body Farm (Doctora Kay Scarpetta #5) (Paperback): $11.95
- #6: Una muerte sin nombre / From Potter's Field Scarpetta (Doctora Kay Scarpetta #6) (Paperback): $13.95
- #7: Cause of Death (Kay Scarpetta #7) (Compact Disc): $34.99
- #8: Unnatural Exposure (Kay Scarpetta #8) (Compact Disc): $34.99
- #9: Point of Origin Lib/E (Kay Scarpetta Mysteries #9) (Compact Disc): $59.99
- #10: Black Notice Lib/E (Kay Scarpetta Mysteries #10) (Compact Disc): $59.99
- #11: The Last Precinct Lib/E (Kay Scarpetta Mysteries #11) (Compact Disc): $79.99
- #12: Blow Fly Lib/E (Kay Scarpetta Mysteries #12) (Compact Disc): $59.99
- #13: El libro de los muertos / Book of the Dead (Doctora Kay Scarpetta #13) (Paperback): $13.95
- #16: Scarpetta (Spanish Edition) (Doctora Kay Scarpetta #16) (Paperback): $13.95
- #17: El factor Scarpetta / The Scarpetta Factor (Doctora Kay Scarpetta #17) (Hardcover): $16.95
- #22: The Patricia Cornwell CD Audio Treasury Low Price: Contains All That Remains and Cruel and Unusual (Kay Scarpetta Series #22) (Abridged / CD-Audio): $14.99
- #23: Depraved Heart: A Scarpetta Novel (Kay Scarpetta #23) (Hardcover): $28.99
- #24: Chaos: A Scarpetta Novel (Kay Scarpetta #24) (Paperback): $16.99
- #25: Autopsy: A Scarpetta Novel (Kay Scarpetta #25) (Hardcover): $28.99
In this thrilling new installment of Patricia Cornwell’s #1 bestselling series, chief medical examiner Dr. Kay Scarpetta finds herself a reluctant star witness in a sensational televised murder trial causing chaos in Old Town Alexandria with the threat of violent protests.
Chief medical examiner Kay Scarpetta is the reluctant star witness in a sensational murder trial when she receives shocking news. The judge’s sister has been found dead—and at first glance, it appears to be a home invasion. But nothing was stolen, and there’s no apparent reason for the victim dropping dead while making tea in the kitchen.
At the scene, Scarpetta recognizes telltale signs of the unthinkable, but the worst is yet to come. Scarpetta finds herself pitted against a powerful force that returns her to the past, and her time to catch the killer is running out . . .
About the Author
In 1990, Patricia Cornwell sold her first novel, Postmortem, while working at the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Richmond, Virginia. An auspicious debut, it went on to win the Edgar, Creasey, Anthony, and Macavity Awards, as well as the French Prix du Roman d’Aventures—the first book ever to claim all these distinctions in a single year. Growing into an international phenomenon, the Scarpetta series won Cornwell the Sherlock Award for best detective created by an American author, the Gold Dagger Award, the RBA Thriller Award, and the Medal of Chevalier of the Order of Arts and Letters for her contributions to literary and artistic development.
Today, Cornwell’s novels and iconic characters are known around the world. Beyond the Scarpetta series, Cornwell has written the definitive nonfiction account of Jack the Ripper’s identity, cookbooks, a children’s book, a biography of Ruth Graham, and three other fictional series based on the characters Win Garano, Andy Brazil, and Captain Callie Chase. In recent years, Cornwell has been researching space-age technologies at NASA facilities, the U.S. Space Force, and Secret Service. She’s visited Scotland Yard and Interpol, always keeping up with what’s current.
Cornwell was born in Miami. She grew up in Montreat, North Carolina, and now lives and works in Boston.
“Dr. Kay Scarpetta, who keeps us coming back to Patricia Cornwell’s sprawling crime novels, is one tough broad.”—New York Times Book Review
“Scarpetta is brilliant, compassionate and humble, excelling in her profession and in diplomacy."—Library Journal, Starred Review for Autopsy
Patricia Cornwell is a “masterful mysterian.”—Kirkus Reviews
“Everyone knows Scarpetta; she has the wit, intelligence, and strength that any forensic sleuth should own. This never-stop action plot is yet another gift to readers from Patricia Cornwell-a literary artist that is never going to stop writing some of the best and most memorable thrillers out there.”—Suspense Magazine
"Cornwell’s demonic plot shifts and changes almost page by page, so the reader’s spun round not knowing what to believe.”—Providence Journal, Praise for Depraved Heart