Market Wizards, Disc 12: Interview with Dr. Van K. Tharp: The Psychology of Trading (Wiley Trading Audio #48) (Abridged / Compact Disc)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 48 in the Wiley Trading Audio series.
- #41: Winning Methods of the Market Wizards (Wiley Trading Audio #41) (Compact Disc): $40.00
- #57: Market Wizards, Disc 11: Interviews with Tom Baldwin: The Fearless Pit Trader & Tony Saliba: One-Lot Triumphs (Wiley Trading Audio #57) (Abridged / Compact Disc): $12.95
- #58: Market Wizards, Disc 10: Interviews with Mark Weinstein: High-Percentage Trader & Brian Gelber: Broken Turned Trader (Wiley Trading Audio #58) (Abridged / Compact Disc): $12.95
- #59: Market Wizards, Disc 9: Interview with James B. Rogers, Jr.: Buying Value and Selling Hysteria (Wiley Trading Audio #59) (Abridged / Compact Disc): $12.95
- #60: Market Wizards, Disc 8: Interview with Marty Schwartz: Champion Trader (Wiley Trading Audio #60) (Abridged / Compact Disc): $12.95
- #61: Market Wizards, Disc 7: Interviews with William O'Neil: The Art of Stock Selection & David Ryan: Stock Investment as a Treasure Hunt (Wiley Trading Audio #61) (Abridged / Compact Disc): $12.95
- #62: Market Wizards, Disc 6: Interview with Michael Steinhardt: The Concept of Variant Perception (Wiley Trading Audio #62) (Abridged / Compact Disc): $12.95
- #63: Market Wizards, Disc 5: Interviews with Ed Seykota: Everybody Gets What They Want & Larry Hite: Respecting Risk (Wiley Trading Audio #63) (Abridged / Compact Disc): $12.95
- #66: Market Wizards, Disc 2: Interview with Bruce Kovner, the World Trader (Wiley Trading Audio #66) (Abridged / Compact Disc): $12.95
How do some of the world's most successful traders amass millions of dollars in a year... or sometimes in just hours? Are they masters of a priceless wizardry or simply the very lucky winners in a random market lottery that allows only a few players to become fantastically wealthy? What are the secrets of their unheard-of success?
Market expert Jack D. Schwager interviews top traders in a variety of markets and determines that an interesting mix of method and mental posture is largely responsible, and presents Market Wizards in a way that allows the listener a glimpse into the minds of these most remarkable traders. Understand what it takes to succeed, and hear it in the words of the Market Wizards themselves.
This interview CD 12 of 12 contains the discussion with Dr. Van K. Tharp.
Dr. Van K. Tharp is a research psychologist who received his Ph.D. from the University of Oklahoma, Health Sciences Center, in 1975. He has spent his career studying how stress affects human performance. His strongest interest is in the psychology of winning--especially as winning applies to the markets. In 1982, Dr. Tharp developed his Investment Psychology Inventory, a test that measures winning and losing traits. Thousands of investors and speculators have taken this test, which includes a written evaluation and ten-minute phone consultation. Dr. Tharp has written five books on successful investing, which provide the core of his investment course. His is a contributing editor for Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities and has also written numerous articles for other financial publications. Dr. Tharp is a frequent guest on financial television and radio programs, and has spoken at many investment conferences.
About the Author
JACK D. SCHWAGER is a recognized industry expert on futures and hedge funds and the author of the widely acclaimed Market Wizards and Schwager on Futures book series. He is currently the co-portfolio manager for the ADM Investor Services Diversified Strategies Fund, a portfolio of futures and FX managed accounts. He is also an advisor to Marketopper, an India-based quantitative trading firm. Previously, Mr. Schwager was a partner in the Fortune Group, a London-based hedge fund advisory firm, which specialized in creating customized hedge fund portfolios for institutional clients, and also spent over twenty years as a director of futures research for some of Wall Street's leading firms.