Meteor in Action (Paperback)
Meteor in Action teaches you full-stack web development using the Meteor platform. It starts with an overview of a Meteor application, revealing the unique nature of Meteor's end-to-end application model. Then you'll dive into the Blaze templating engine, discover Meteor's reactive data sources model, learn simple and advanced routing techniques, and practice managing users, permissions, and roles.
Purchase of the print book includes a free eBook in PDF, Kindle, and ePub formats from Manning Publications.
About the Book
Meteor in Action teaches you full-stack web development with Meteor. It starts by revealing the unique nature of Meteo's end-to-end application model. Through real-world scenarios, you'll dive into the Blaze templating engine, discover Meteor's reactive data sources model, learn routing techniques, and practice managing users, permissions, and roles. Finally, you'll learn how to deploy Meteor on your server and scale efficiently.
- Building your first real-time application
- Using MongoDB and other reactive data sources
- Creating applications with Iron Router
- Deploying and scaling your applications
About the Reader
About the Authors
Stephan Hochhaus and Manuel Schoebel are veteran web developers who have worked with Meteor since its infancy.
Table of Contents
- PART 1 LOOK—A SHOOTING STAR!
- A better way to build apps
- My fridge! A reactive gamePART 2 3, 2, 1—IMPACT!
- Working with templates
- Working with data
- Fully reactive editing
- Users, authentications, and permissions
- Exchanging data
- Routing using Iron.Router
- The package system
- Advanced server methods PART 3 LEAVING THE CRATER
- Building and debugging
- Going into production
About the Author
Manuel Schoebel is a freelance web developer and serial entrepreneur. A popular blogger, Manuel has been working with Meteor since its infancy. Manuel and Stephan established the Meteor Meetups in Cologne and the Ruhr area.