Couture Sewing: The Couture Skirt: More Sewing Secrets from a Chanel Collector (Paperback)
Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
Sew a signature skirt for yourself. An expert on Chanel's clothing, Claire B. Shaeffer shares her unique insider-expertise of the couture industry. In her latest book, Couture Sewing: The Couture Skirt, she takes home sewers through each detailed step required to cut, fit, stitch, and construct a perfect designer-quality couture skirt.
Professional instruction from a renowned fashion expert This book with DVD set presents the know how and design-atelier secrets to replicate the iconic Chanel faux-wrap skirt. The DVD offers a 90-minute comprehensive sewing workshop like Shaeffer's in-person smash hit, sell-out sewing classes.
- Features more than 200 photographs, plus step-by-step instruction on couture-specific construction methods.
- The companion DVD demonstrates essential sewing and construction techniques, professional tricks and shortcuts, and a careful study of existing Chanel skirts and suits (from Shaeffer's impressive couture collection).
- Learn couture sewing techniques--used by professional designers and in European design ateliers--ideal for serious sewers, beginners seeking inspiration, and fashion mavens.
High-style for beginners and serious sewers. Find inspiration in Coco Chanel's classic, elegant style and learn impeccable construction secrets, characteristics of the Chanel skirt, the details which distinguish a couture skirt, and master traditional couture sewing skills:
- Seam finishes and Details
- Planning the Skirt
- Layout and Mark, and much more
From the skirt to the iconic Chanel suit. With Shaeffer's previous must-read Couture Sewing: The Couture Cardigan Jacket (The Taunton Press, 2013) you will be able to create your own complete Chanel suit with a beautiful fit and finish.