What's the Big Deal?: Why God Cares about Sex (God's Design for Sex #3) (Paperback)
Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
Usually arrives at our store within 4-7 days
1 Million Copies Sold in Series
ECPA Christian Book Award Winner
Even at a young age, your kids probably know about sex. But what they've gathered from TV, other kids, or the internet is often distorted and incomplete. Designed to foster age-appropriate conversations about sexuality, What's the Big Deal provides kids with a safe space to ask hard questions that they might find embarrassing.
With questions and prompts so you can easily read together and have healthy discussions, this book explains:
- Why God made adults with a desire to have sex
- What God says in the Bible about sex and why it's designed for marriage
- The amazing changes that happen to a child's body as they grow
- How to respond to sexual pressure from friends, TV shows, movies, and magazines
- The importance of committing to purity and chastity
- Separate chapters on puberty for boys and girls
- Chapters on pornography, same-sex relationships, and sexual abuse
Get the rest of the bestselling God's Design for Sex series so you can start healthy discussions with your children at each stage of life--from toddlers to teens.
About the Author
STAN JONES, PHD, provost and professor of psychology at Wheaton College, is a nationally recognized Christian expert on sexuality. He has written books on psychology and Christianity and on homosexuality and has contributed numerous articles to such professional journals as American Psychologist. BRENNA JONES has graduate training in biblical and theological studies and leads an active ministry of discipleship and support for women. Stan and Brenna have three adult children.