Process Theology: Embracing Adventure with God (Topical Line Drives #5) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 5 in the Topical Line Drives series.
- #24: Jonah: When God Changes (Topical Line Drives #24) (Paperback): $6.99
- #26: The Energy of Love: Reiki and Christian Healing (Topical Line Drives #26) (Hardcover): $29.99
- #28: Process Spirituality: Practicing Holy Adventure (Topical Line Drives #28) (Hardcover): $17.99
- #30: Process and Ministry (Topical Line Drives #30) (Hardcover): $17.99
- #31: Process Theology and Celtic Wisdom (Topical Line Drives #31) (Hardcover): $29.99
- #32: One World: The Lord's Prayer from a Process Perspective (Topical Line Drives #32) (Hardcover): $24.99
- #33: Process and Pastoral Care (Topical Line Drives #33) (Paperback): $6.99
- #39: Faith in a Time of Pandemic (Topical Line Drives #39) (Paperback): $6.99
- #43: Process Theology and Politics (Topical Line Drives #43) (Hardcover): $24.99
- #47: Talking Politics with Jesus: A Process Perspective on the Sermon on the Mount (Topical Line Drives #47) (Paperback): $6.99
- #48: Restless Spirit: The Holy Spirit from a Process Perspective (Topical Line Drives #48) (Paperback): $6.99
Process theology is considered a very complex and difficult to understand system. Is it possible to get a basic grasp of what it is and how it impacts our lives and service to others?
In this brief, lively, and engaging book, Dr. Bruce Epperly untangles the difficult concepts of process theology and shows how we can envision a God who is in relation to us throughout our lives here and in the next world. He believes that "God is present at the moment of our conception, guides us through the adventures of this lifetime, urging us to rejoice in embodiment and bring healing to our world, and upon our final earthly breath receives us with open arms with visions of future adventures in communion with God and our fellow creatures."
Not only is this theology easy to understand, but it also challenges us to live out God's adventure in with joy, sharing God's life with all of God's creatures.
This book is an excellent introduction to process theology, useful for small groups or individual study, and includes a list of resources for further study.