CPT Professional 2022 (Spiral)
Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
Buyer beware - know who you're buying from.
It has been brought to our attention that counterfeit CPT books are being sold on Amazon; these sales not only hurt the integrity of the CPT copyright but also give the customer a book of very low quality (missing pages, low quality tab stickers, blurry print, weak binding). There are numerous 3rd party sellers that sell the CPT book. Make sure you're purchasing through a reputable seller to guarantee authenticity; price is a very good indication when looking for a reputable seller, cheaper is not always best.
If you believe you were sold a counterfeit CPT book, please contact the American Medical Association at email@example.com and we will ensure you are provided with an authentic copy.CPT(R) 2022 Professional Edition is the definitive AMA-authored resource to help healthcare professionals correctly report and bill medical procedures and services. Healthcare professionals want accurate reimbursement. Payers want efficient claims processing. Correct reporting and billing of medical procedures and services begins with CPT(R) 2022 Professional Edition. Only the AMA, with the help of physicians and other experts in the healthcare community, creates and maintains the CPT code set. No other codebook has the accurate, complete official guidelines for the latest and current procedural terminology for procedures and services to help you code medical services and procedures properly. The AMA also takes the copyright protection of its content very seriously and is committed to providing the most effective anti-piracy efforts for its authors and readers. To help combat print piracy, protect our intellectual properties, and ensure our customers' right to authentic AMA-certified content, the CPT(R) 2022 Professional is equipped with nonintrusive light-yellow dots on almost every page of the codebook. As a result of the implementation of this anti-piracy technology, this codebook cannot be reproduced by photocopy or scan in accordance with current copyright rules and laws. FEATURES AND BENEFITS
The CPT(R) 2022 Professional Edition codebook covers hundreds of code, guideline and text changes and features:
- CPT(R) Changes, CPT(R) Assistant, and Clinical Examples in Radiology citations -- provides cross-referenced information in popular AMA resources that can enhance your understanding of the CPT code set
- A comprehensive index -- aid in locating codes related to a specific procedure, service, anatomic site, condition, synonym, eponym or abbreviation to allow for a clearer, quicker search
- Anatomical and procedural illustrations -- help improve coding accuracy and understanding of the anatomy and procedures discussed
- Coding tips throughout each section -- improve understanding of the nuances of the code set
- Enhanced codebook table of contents --enable a quick search of the codebook's content for quick access
- Section-specific table of contents -- provide a useful tool to navigate effectively and quickly through each section's codes
- Summary of additions, deletions and revisions -- provide a summary and quick reference of the 2022 changes in the codes without having to compare editions
- Multiple appendices -- offer additional information for modifiers, clinical examples, add-on codes, vascular families re-sequenced codes, and MAAAs and PLA services
- New Appendix Q -- provide coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccines and their associated administration codes
- New Appendix R -- provide digital medicine services taxonomy
- Comprehensive E/M code selection tables -- aid physicians and coders in assigning the most appropriate evaluation and management codes
- Notes pages at the end of every code set section and subsection
About the Author
The American Medical Association (AMA) is the physicians' powerful ally in patient care. As the only medical association that convenes 190+ state and specialty medical societies and other critical stakeholders, the AMA represents physicians with a unified voice to all key players in health care. The AMA leverages its strength by removing the obstacles that interfere with patient care, leading the charge to prevent chronic disease and confront public health crises and driving the future of medicine to tackle the biggest challenges in health care. For more information, visit ama-assn.org. The AMA authors and publishes books, data file content, newsletters and online digital products that answer the needs of today's busy health care providers and their staff. The AMA product line includes titles on CPT(R), HCPCS and ICD-10 coding, as well as reimbursement, practice management, disability evaluation and impairment, and ethics. For more information on all AMA products, visit ama-assn.org/catalog.