ICD-10-PCs 2022 the Complete Official Codebook (Paperback)
Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
ICD-10-PCS 2022: The Complete Official Codebook contains the complete ICD-10-PCS code set and supplementary appendixes required for reporting inpatient procedures. This illustrated codebook presents the code set in 17 sections of tables arranged by general procedure type. Tables within the extensive Medical and Surgical section are additionally sectioned out by body system, indicated by color-coded page borders.
ICD-10-PCS contains classifications for procedures, devices, and technologies.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Summary of changes. Quickly see how additions and deletions affect each section of ICD-10-PCS.
- Complete ICD-10-PCS 2022 code set. The code set is organized in 17 sections. Each section contains a code table by which a code can be built through character selections that reflect the procedure performed. A character meanings table and citations to American Hospital Association's Coding Clinic(R) start each section.
- Official coding guidelines. Learn how to use the code set appropriately following the guidelines specific for each section.
- Illustrations. The color illustrations provide a visual explanation of anatomy and procedural approach.
- Approach illustrations show the access location, method, and instrumentation that determine the approach.
- Body parts with indicators to applicable code characters (provided immediately after the Character Meaning tables in the Medical/Surgical sections)
- Visual alerts. This edition provides color-coding and symbols that identify male/female procedures and new/revised character values.
- Detailed information on structure and conventions of ICD-10-PCS. Learn about the unique structure and the specific definitions and functions of each character. Practice your skills with sample exercises (answers included).
- Color-coding and symbols for the Medicare Code Edits. This edition includes color-coding and symbols for the most comprehensive coverage of ICD10 MS-DRG MCEs for procedures including;
- Non-covered procedures
- Limited-coverage procedures
- Combination-only procedures
- Non-operating room procedures affecting MS-DRG assignment
- Non-operating room procedures not affecting MS-DRG assignment
- Hospital-acquired condition (HAC)-related procedures
- Procedure combination tables. Identify ICD-10-PCS code-combination requirements needed to satisfy certain MS-DRG requirements.
- Valuable resources to enhance productivity. Resources to help guide the user, including:
- Root operation definition table for medical/surgical section
- Root operation for medical/surgical section, grouped by objective
- Operation/Type definition tables for other ICD-10-PCS sections
- Body-part definitions and body-part key for accurate identification of correct body-part character
- Device key and device aggregation tables
- Approach definitions
- Substance key
About the Author
The American Medical Association (AMA) is the physicians' powerful ally in patient care. As the only medical association that convenes 190+ state and specialty medical societies and other critical stakeholders, the AMA represents physicians with a unified voice to all key players in health care. The AMA leverages its strength by removing the obstacles that interfere with patient care, leading the charge to prevent chronic disease and confront public health crises and driving the future of medicine to tackle the biggest challenges in health care. For more information, visit ama-assn.org. The AMA authors and publishes books, data file content, newsletters and online digital products that answer the needs of today's busy health care providers and their staff. The AMA product line includes titles on CPT(R), HCPCS and ICD-10 coding, as well as reimbursement, practice management, disability evaluation and impairment, and ethics. For more information on all AMA products, visit ama-assn.org/catalog.