Medicare RBRVS 2022 (Paperback)
The 31st edition of Medicare RBRVS: The Physicians' Guide provides the much-needed updated information on the new 2022 Medicare Physician Payment Schedule, payment rules, conversion factor, CPT and HCPCS RVUs, and GPCIs that affect the physician practice. This book is a must-have tool for physician practices because it offers invaluable insight and information needed to understand Medicare's resource-based relative value scale (RBRVS) payment system, and to help physician practices establish physician charges and to calculate Medicare payments.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Critical insight into the RBRVS system -- detailed background information on the RBRVS system, an in-depth explanation on the key components and operation of the payment system, use of the RBRVS by Medicare and the private sector, geographic adjustments, conversion factors, limits on physician charges and CMS adoption of the Physician Practice Information Survey Data and other Practice Expense Methodology changes.
- Updated information on the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule, payment rules and the conversion factor -- covers new payment rules that take effect in 2022.
- Updated RVUs for CPT(R) 2022 codes including every RVU element -- Physician Work, Practice Expense (Facility and Nonfacility) and Professional Liability Insurance.
- List of RVUs for CPT and HCPCS-coded procedures and services -- calculate and establish physician charges using RBRVS relative values.
- List of RVUs for anesthesiology services.
- List of geographic practice cost indices (GPCIs) for each for each Medicare payment locality -- Physician Work, Practice Expense and Malpractice Insurance.
About the Author
The American Medical Association (AMA) is the physicians' powerful ally in patient care. As the only medical association that convenes 190+ state and specialty medical societies and other critical stakeholders, the AMA represents physicians with a unified voice to all key players in health care. The AMA leverages its strength by removing the obstacles that interfere with patient care, leading the charge to prevent chronic disease and confront public health crises and driving the future of medicine to tackle the biggest challenges in health care. For more information, visit ama-assn.org. The AMA authors and publishes books, data file content, newsletters and online digital products that answer the needs of today's busy health care providers and their staff. The AMA product line includes titles on CPT(R), HCPCS and ICD-10 coding, as well as reimbursement, practice management, disability evaluation and impairment, and ethics. For more information on all AMA products, visit ama-assn.org/catalog.