Moon Israel & the West Bank: With Petra (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Warning messageMean Menu style requires jQuery library version 1.7 or higher, but you have opted to provide your own library. Please ensure you have the proper version of jQuery included. (note: this is not an error)
Usually arrives at our store within 4-7 days
Ancient stories meet modern cities in this deeply significant region where the past is always present. Take the trip of a lifetime with Moon Israel & the West Bank. Inside you'll find:
- Flexible itineraries including a week in Jerusalem, 3 days in Tel Aviv, and a month exploring the region plus excursions to the West Bank, the Dead Sea, and Petra
- Strategic advice for foodies, pilgrims, beachgoers, archaeology buffs, and more
- The top sights and unique experiences: Visit the Church of the Holy Sepulchre or pay respects at the Western Wall, and stop at holy sites throughout Northern Israel and the West Bank. Feast on falafel, hummus, and shaksuka and haggle for antiques at a market in Jerusalem. Bike through Tel Aviv's charming Neve Tzedek neighborhood or relax at one of its beaches. Float in the Dead Sea, watch the sun set over the massive Negev craters, or stay overnight in a Bedouin tent encampment
- Local insight: Jerusalem journalist Genevieve Belmaker shares the history and culture of her beloved home
- Full-color, vibrant photos throughout
- Detailed maps for exploring on your own, and useful tips on border crossings and checkpoints
- Thorough background information on the landscape, history, government, and culture
- Handy tools including Hebrew and Arabic phrasebooks, health and safety tips, customs and conduct, and information for LGBTQ, female, and senior travelers, families with children, and travelers with disabilities
- Focused coverage of Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, Haifa, the North Coast, the Galilee and the Golan Heights, the West Bank, Eilat and the Negev, and Petra, Jordan
About the Author
Genevieve Belmaker is an award-winning American journalist, editor, author and photographer who has lived and worked extensively in New York City, Jerusalem, the West Bank, Israel, as well as throughout the U.S. and South and Central America. She is founder and publisher of La Raza X Publishing.
She has worked as an editor with reporters on producing hundreds of stories. She writes about and reports on fascinating people and places around the world, the global environmental crisis, the journalism industry, social justice, and crime. Genevieve's work has been published by Middle East Eye, Pacific Standard, Poynter, Nieman Reports for Harvard, Mongabay environment and science news, Quill magazine for the Society of Professional Journalists, PBS Mediashift, and others.
Genevieve is the author of several travel guides for Moon. She also wrote and published the epistolary novella Lovingly Yours and the children's book The Littlest Kitten.