Moon Amsterdam, Brussels & Bruges (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Experience the scenic canals, colorful markets, and medieval history of the top cities in Belgium and the Netherlands. Inside Moon Amsterdam, Brussels & Bruges you'll find:
- Flexible itineraries for 1 to 5 days in Amsterdam, Brussels, and Bruges that can be combined into a longer trip
- Strategic advice for foodies, art lovers, history buffs, and more
- Top experiences and unique highlights: Cyclealong serene canals and narrow brick roads past baroque architecture, or stroll through Bruges's grand Markt Square. Marvel at the works of famed Dutch and Flemish painters, walk through history at the Anne Frank House, or remember the fallen in the cemeteries and memorials of Ypres
- The best local flavors: Sip on Amsterdam's specialty liquor at a jenever tasting room, or enjoy a glass of authentic Trappist beer produced in monasteries. Snack on Belgian frites, sample stroopwafel, and savor scrumptious local chocolates
- Ideas for side trips from each city, including Lisse, The Hague, Rotterdam, and more
- Expert insight from Karen Turner, an expat who's called the Netherlands home for years
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Helpful resources on COVID-19 and traveling to Amsterdam, Brussels, and Bruges
- Background information on the landscape, history, and cultural customs of each city
- Handy tools such as visa information, Dutch, Flemish, and French phrasebooks, and tips for seniors, LGBTQ+ travelers, visitors with children, and more
Exploring more of Europe's best cities? Check out Moon Rome, Florence & Venice or Moon Prague, Vienna & Budapest.
About Moon Travel Guides: Moon was founded in 1973 to empower independent, active, and conscious travel. We prioritize local businesses, outdoor recreation, and traveling strategically and sustainably. Moon Travel Guides are written by local, expert authors with great stories to tell—and they can't wait to share their favorite places with you.
For more inspiration, follow @moonguides on social media.
About the Author
Originally from New York City, Karen Turner has been based long-term in the Netherlands since 2016. She currently runs one of the largest English-language blogs about the Netherlands, and has written more than 150 articles about her adopted home country. She regularly visits Amsterdam, the rest of Holland, and Belgium to update her website (www.wanderlustingk.com), and loves providing her readers with practical, insider tips from a local perspective. A self-professed beer lover, she's also passionate about teaching visitors about the food and cultural traditions of the Benelux region.
"Moon handbooks are always a pleasure to read. The writing is crisp, the research impressive, and the recommendations practical and down to earth."—Chicago Tribune
“The books are more easily readable than other guides. The main attractions are also marked with a special icon and sidebars and boxes highlight special information, making the Moon handbooks one of the most user-friendly guides in terms of visual appeal and organization…the quality is uniformly excellent."—Transitions Abroad
"Far from narrow minded, each Moon travel guide gives itinerary options for a variety of travelers’ budgets—from frugal to lavish. They make books catering to those who love the outdoors, those who have limited time, those staying exclusively in cities and those who’ve fully committed to living abroad. In all, they have hundreds of titles, ranging Bermuda to Budapest, that’ll teach you to embrace a new culture."—Gear Patrol, "The Best Travel Guidebooks for Every Journey"
"Moon handbooks have become known as well-written and exceptionally informative guides."—The New York Times
"Moon guides are perfect for the relaxed road tripper or outdoor explorer."—No Small Plan
"Moon handbooks are known for cannily combining logistical information with cultural background of a country or state."—Los Angeles Times